Travel to Turkey - Istanbul to Mus on business - anyone been through there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I seem to recall some folks on here that had/have travelled to that region. We are planning a business trip over there in the next couple weeks. Suggestions? Tips? Warnings? Going to visit a Turkish Walnut Burl supplier.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    midnight-express2.jpg

Avoid the midnight express.......

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    Army in the early 70's. Traveled the entire country. Reminded me of the pictures from the Bible.

I remember when I got off the commercial flight in Istanbul the plane was surrounded by soldiers
    armed with Uzis. I was told that it was normal procedure. The area appears to be less stable than when
    I was there.

My only advice is follow all their laws. The military and the police are very serious.

Have a good trip.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Army in the early 70's. Traveled the entire country. Reminded me of the pictures from the Bible.

I remember when I got off the commercial flight in Istanbul the plane was surrounded by soldiers
    armed with Uzis. I was told that it was normal procedure. The area appears to be less stable than when
    I was there.

My only advice is follow all their laws. The military and the police are very serious.

Have a good trip.

Oh just a word to the wise, don't bad mouth Ataturk. He is their national hero. Bad ju-ju will happen if you do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I was there.

Have a good trip.

Rome and Tel Aviv were both patrolled by large groups of soldiers armed enough to satisfy even hardcore INGOers, when I passed through.

Top Bottom