• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    I started out with a pop up...Viking 2106 2008 model...Bought it new and it worked out great for two people.. sometimes three.
    Now it didn't have a bathroom which was not a big deal for me..but women love having a bathroom ..Lesson learned there.
    Mine didn't have A/C but with a couple of fans it wasn't bad at all....considering you spend most of your time out side of the camper...Plus storage was easy ..fit perfect in a 2 car garage.
    I looked at a bunch of used travel trailers..Biggest problem I found was that the floors were rotted out.
    Hope this helps.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Be sure to walk with a purpose inside the trailer (feel your steps). Look underneath for missing or replaced water barrier. Look for stains in the roof or rough/unusual texture on the walls that doesn't match the rest of the walls. Smell inside, feel the cushions/carpet if they are wet...I would walk away. Hope this helps. If you need a second opinion, PM me I'll help if I can.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I understand the idea in putting thought into the floor plan, but it would be me and the girlfriend, and maybe 2 others max at a time. Really just wanted a step up above a tent and this would work, if it isn't a total disaster :) But def. good advice for anyone else that may be looking for a travel trailer :)

I'm thinking storage off site sadly is what will have to happen. Sucks having 2 acres and a 350' driveway and not being able to store it but again the yard floods to bad to take it out back :(

You should be OK then. My thing was I didnt want to have to fold out the couch every evening, and put it away in the morning. Plus it frees up the living area if my wife and I want to stay up.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I was able to kick the tires today.
    Outside was pretty decent, inside is another story. There was a leak that the current owner fixed on the outside but did not fix on the inside (was dry inside) but there had been rodents all over the inside leaving their droppings behind. Not sure what other damage may have been caused.

I knew going in it wouldn't be the greatest but I wasn't expecting what I saw. I ended up walking away. May just save up for a decent pop up.

Oh, it is an '86 Impalla 30 or 32 foot trailer/camper.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Super bee the Rushmore line you speak of is a crossroads product. The key is to find out where it was made. They moved production to my plant to try and revive the name after the buyback and ours are quality. The ones from the old plant were laughably bad. We were selling units for quite a while and corporate decided to run a low line Rushmore out of the old plant to cash in. Quality was so bad we no longer run either product. They destroyed the name.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Brandon Said: "Can anyone give me a crash course on travel trailers? Friend of a friend is selling one pretty cheap, says it doesn't leak and needs a stove (I can care less about this)."

Lesson reiterated from up thread; They ALL leak! Unless stored and used inside. Water damage repair in an RV is a HUGE pain in the Ass! Everything else will seem easy in comparison, just remember, there is a reason your friend is selling one pretty cheap.

Top Bottom