• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    My wife and I were just out cruising the perimeter of our 30 acres on the quad and in the neighbors woods we saw 3 people duck and run. I immediatley called a friend of mine who is a C.O. He in turn called a county officer who happened to be within 5 minutes away. I sent my wife out to the road to wait on the officer while I watched the woods. Not 3 weeks ago there were some guys in a suspicious vehicle in a lane on that property. Turns out they were cooking meth in the abandoned house next to mine. So I'm thinkin "here we go again". Turns out to be three niegbor kids. We got them up by the road. Thier mom even came out and said "well I walk back there all the time". Lady it's deer season! Your messin up the deer hunting! AND you dont have permission! She said she guessed she didnt set a good example. Duh lady. Anyway the deputy told them that "people have guns and trespassing is wrong" speel. I know the neighbor and his brother is the only one who has permission to be in there.
    As land owners we shouldnt have to worry about this crap!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Now it's time to take a pan of brownies over and have a sit & talk with the neighbor lady.

Just **** chat...respecting property...being careful...etc etc

Work hard to be on good terms with your neighbors. Good ones are worth their weight in gold.

-J-

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    They'll grow up to be ATV riders in the wink of an eye and four wheel'n before ya know it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Could be worse, wait to you go back an someones in your treestand, an they ask.."Who are you?" Happened to my buddy...he replied."I'm the landowner that built this stand."
    I had one place that one year I had to chase out probably 10 guys during deer season that were hunting, guys would drop them off at a road an they would hunt to a certain time....caught 2 kids poaching, no liscence an had shot a doe, no orange either...DNR got them. Then 2 trucks actually drove into the property an went rabbit hunting. Me an the landowner went back an one guy had left the keys in the truck...landowner was mad, as I was...so he got in the guys truck an drove off with me following....boy that guy was surprized when he couldn't find his truck, it was several miles away!! After that I put up signs saying TURN IN A POACHER 1-800-TIP-IDNR.....never had another problem ever the rest of the yrs. I hunted there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    I can't stand a trespasser. Good luck getting them to stop. I've had so many run ins with trespassers. It seems like as soon as you run off the people you know are trespassing you will catch someone else. Then someone else.... I've even had a permanent stand built on my property. I was staying out of the woods for a couple weeks to keep the deer comfortable and when we went out for hunting we find a guy sitting in a condo of a tree house 15 yards from my ladder stand. Needless to say but I no longer used my ladder stand in those woods.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Sunday I got a call from a group who wanted to access a property I manage. Our normal procedure is for folks to email or call a week in advance (which gives the board a chance to evaluate their request), and we're pretty liberal about granting access. These folks were standing outside the gate wanting to go in. I told them the policy and that no one board member could grant immediate access (our policy for the first two years once the property changed hands was to go ahead and let folks in once, but it's been five years now).

Fast forward an hour and the guy who lives in the house on the edge of the property emails and says they're parked outside the gate. So we call the sheriff. About the time the sheriff arrives an hour or so later and is taking the plate numbers down, the group comes walking up. They got a good lecture from the sheriff and the guy in the house about how when they are told that they can't have access to the property that they are trespassing and that if they are caught again they can be prosecuted. They have been told in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome back.

I have to be somewhat nicer to folks I catch on that property since I represent a nationwide non profit who actually owns the property, but when I catch folks pulling that crap on my place I'm not nearly as nice about it.
    Those folks are very lucky they were caught by the sheriff, a couple of our board members who live nearby have put the fear of god into trespassers.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    It sure would be nice if one of you wonderful land owners on here would invite me to your property to hunt. I have and empty freezer and would love to throw a deer in it.. if we get two I will pay for your processing.......

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I haven't been at home enough to catch any trespassers on my farm but I know they're going back there. I just tell people to pack it up and go home and they look at me like WTF?? I'm always carrying my 40 on my side when i do it too. My wife says I sound like a Dick when I tell people to leave and not come back. I have no idea what she's speaking of??? haha

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My Father in Law has 25 acres that borders the Morgan-Monroe State Forest and the road that runs in front of his house runs along the east/west southern part of his property, there is only 2 other people who live on the south side of the road, his best friend and the man who sold him and his friend the property 30 years ago.

All three never let anyone hunt their property, and they have no trespassing signs displayed everywhere.

When ever he finds a truck there on his property, he just has it towed off.

He's had a couple that even had the nerve to come to his house asking if they had seen a so and so colored vehicle, just replies with a no, and you're trespassing and shuts the door.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    There is a road behind our property that is about a mile long that ends in a dead end. There are no houses past the turn off and the only thing on the road is a gate to the backside of our property. The other two landowners whose property borders the road have fences but no gates. The road on both sides all the way to the dead end has "No Tresspassing" signs every few hundred feet. It is amazing the number of people that drive that road, climb over a fence and go hunting or fishing and then offer when confronted that they have permission from the landowner or that they thought the land was public property. They've even cut the fences to bring vehicles through. When I camp out there at night more vehicles go up and down that road than go by my house in town; they just turn around and leave when they see the camp fire.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It sure would be nice if one of you wonderful land owners on here would invite me to your property to hunt. I have and empty freezer and would love to throw a deer in it.. if we get two I will pay for your processing.......

I see you live south of Indy in the woods?

It sure would be nice if one of those nice property owners who got their special exemption passed so they could hunt an extra buck up in Marion county would invite me up to hunt in their back yard. I sure would love to throw an extra set of antlers up on my wall. If I get two I'll toss ya a roll of sausage!

egard1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    I had a couple treestand come up missing from my property last year, which really burns me up, so I always make sure that I have signs posted and keep a close eye on things.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I cant tell you how many time I have knocked on a door to ask permission and the owner will say " no we have to many people who just hunt without asking now" I think to myself , hmmm if he would just let me have permission I would help keep folks out but I guess he likes it that way. Wonder why they just dont say NO im sorry but NO , heck I dont want to hunt some place all kids of idiots trespass anyway

trespassing gives me heartburn every year , I sure don't look forward to dealing with the idiots this season but I guess thats part of it.

Nothing like trapping and a guy steals your trap and then drives across the field (without permission) and tells you that you caught his (free roaming "not on a leash , treaspassing dog) and that he doesn't want you trapping there anymore !! AND HE DIDNT OWN < RENT OR HAVE ANY SAY ABOUT THE PROPERTY I WAS ON!!!! AND SOME HOW THOUGHT HE WAS IN THE RIGHT!!!
    After I spoke nicely and agreed to remove the rest of my traps I had him go back to his house and get the trap he had stolen , I gave him a good ARSE chewing once the trap hit my hand , I ripped him a good one and told him if he every touch another
    of my traps I would have him arrested for trap tamppering and theift!!! (its the law)

I love how people "FIND" and trap that someone "LEFT" behind and "DIDNT KNOW" they couldnt just take it WOW!!!

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    It is not just ATV riders who trespass. In fact, in the engines make quite alot of noise so much easier to catch anyone on a atv. (yes we own and ride ATVs) It's the one on foot sneaking around that is much more dangerous.
    We frequently have people just wandering around our neighborhood........thanks to Nickel Plate Trail. All of our property is fenced and posted and still I have to watch for people parked and walking. My one neighbor got upset when I posted the entire fence, including the side that faces his, but we had no choice, yes he is allowed to walk and look for mushrooms in the spring, but that's it. Someone last season moved our hunting blind sitting in the back corner. It bothers me that we probably chased off whoever was taking it when I was with my children trying to hunt.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Prosecute that is the only way you will get it to stop, none of this "next time we catch you" crap. If you catch them have them arrested and prosecute to the full extent that you can. PITA yes it is for both them and you, but you do it enough times and word gets around.. My other suggestion is far more effective but requires a backhoe, or a wood chipper and hogs, and is probably best left to the imagination... I always wondered if that fellow found that broadhead that was shot up through the bottom of his stand seat he put up while trespassing on the back 40 ???

Top Bottom