• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    does anyone know for a fact what the laws are as far as being in the courtroom when a trial is taking place? i always thought trials was open to the public but when i went in for mine the bailiff said everyone who was not directly involved in the trial had to leave the courtroom.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Juvenile cases are closed to the public. What was your trial for? Sometimes if there is a big crowd the judge will throw out anyone not involved in the case, but that is rare.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    mine was for dui and there was about 4 or 5 people in there other than witnesses and cops. the courtroom was almost empty but the bailiff told the other people they had to leave before the trial started.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Article I, § 12. All courts shall be open; and every person, for injury done to him in his person, property, or reputation, shall have remedy by due course of law. Justice shall be administered freely, and without purchase; completely, and without denial; speedily, and without delay.

1. Was there a juvenile case set in front of your case?

2. Was there a CHINS case in front of yours?

3. Had the seating capacity been exceeded and bailiff said Fire Marshal wants you out.

4. Was someone being disruptive?

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Article I, § 12. All courts shall be open; and every person, for injury done to him in his person, property, or reputation, shall have remedy by due course of law. Justice shall be administered freely, and without purchase; completely, and without denial; speedily, and without delay.

1. Was there a juvenile case set in front of your case?

2. Was there a CHINS case in front of yours?

3. Had the seating capacity been exceeded and bailiff said Fire Marshal wants you out.

4. Was someone being disruptive?
    no cases but mine,courtroom had about 75 open seats,nobody doing anything but sitting there listening. the bailiff even tried to get one of my witnesses to leave until my attorney had a talk with him.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Weird. Haven't seen that done other than for juvenile cases and overcrowding.
    that wasnt the only wierd thing in this case aside from the fact it was a bs charge which the judge even said i should have never been charged and that i shouldnt be in his courtroom. i was charged with a class c and a class a misdemeanor both for one supposed dui.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    that wasnt the only wierd thing in this case aside from the fact it was a bs charge which the judge even said i should have never been charged and that i shouldnt be in his courtroom. i was charged with a class c and a class a misdemeanor both for one supposed dui.

Probably didn't want the LEO's involved looking like idiots in front of the general public.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    So was the case dismissed?
    i was found not guilty. the judge told the cops if he found me guilty he would be breaking the law. and after everything else i went though over this when i went to get my bond money back they kept 30 dollars aand said it was for a fund for the cops. i told her the cops was the reason i was here to begin with i didnt want to donate money to them and she said it was the law you have no choice.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    i was found not guilty. the judge told the cops if he found me guilty he would be breaking the law. and after everything else i went though over this when i went to get my bond money back they kept 30 dollars aand said it was for a fund for the cops. i told her the cops was the reason i was here to begin with i didnt want to donate money to them and she said it was the law you have no choice.

That sucks. I will be honest though, the irony of it does strike me as funny on a deep, twisted level.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    That sucks. I will be honest though, the irony of it does strike me as funny on a deep, twisted level.
    i probably paid for the beer for thier next picnic. i wish i knew where it was at i would call the police and report drunk drivers..... oh wait a minute that wont work nevermind.

Top Bottom