• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbm76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Any thoughts on the triggers (unmodified) for these 3 pistols? I'm a lefty looking at purchasing my first 9mm.

For that matter, if you've got any thoughts other comparisons between those 3 I'll take those too.

Thanks!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Based on my PPQ (which I've read is very similar trigger to PPX), vs XD & M&P (which XD I've since sold, still have 2 M&P).....PPX by a fair margin. I really like my M&Ps, but the PPQ has much nicer out of box trigger. Like it better than my modified M&Ps (one DCAEK & another by Bowie Tactical).

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have an XDS, PPQ and an M&P 9c. The PPQ has the best trigger by far. It is smooth and it has a short audible/tactile re-set. The XDS is easier to conceal and it has a good trigger too. The M&P has a good trigger, but the reset leaves something to be desired. I like an audible/tactile reset.

FCS-04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Bloomfield
    I got my M&P when I lived in MA so the trigger was beyond terrible. I now have a full apex kit with the reset assist and its one of my favorite triggers.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Thanks! I am a little hesitant to go that deep into the inner workings of my gun. I may check with some local smiths that have done other work on my guns. I just haven't taken the time or spent the money.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I've only dried fired the M&P and haven't shot the XD much and have never shot the PPX. So take my advice as such. The M&P trigger is horrible, if the rest of the gun wasn't so great, I would never give one a second thought. The XD's trigger isn't the best, but it's not bad either. But if the PPX's trigger is anything like a PPQ's trigger you have your winner. I own a PPQ and the trigger is by far one of the very best I've shot. It's very smooth, breaks very crisp and the reset is very short and crisp. I've read that the trigger on the PPX's are not like the PPQ's though. I know the P99's trigger isn't like the PPQ's either.

With all that said I think I would just get the PPQ. They are not much more than a M&P or XD. They are a little smaller than the PPX's also.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I've only dried fired the M&P and haven't shot the XD much and have never shot the PPX. So take my advice as such. The M&P trigger is horrible, if the rest of the gun wasn't so great, I would never give one a second thought. The XD's trigger isn't the best, but it's not bad either. But if the PPX's trigger is anything like a PPQ's trigger you have your winner. I own a PPQ and the trigger is by far one of the very best I've shot. It's very smooth, breaks very crisp and the reset is very short and crisp. I've read that the trigger on the PPX's are not like the PPQ's though. I know the P99's trigger isn't like the PPQ's either.

With all that said I think I would just get the PPQ. They are not much more than a M&P or XD. They are a little smaller than the PPX's also.

Maybe you should look at the cheaper brands like EAA or SAR, Half the money. Better trigger (they cloned the CZ) and very accurate. If it breaks, remove the firing pin and buy another. The one without the firing pin makes a great paper weight. You have spent the same money. And don't forget the Bersa. Best part of these suggestions is you can still buy magazines.

Top Bottom