• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    Want to improve steel match times. What's a good trigger wt to move to on my 1911? I'm in the 3sec range and want to break into the 2s

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Want to improve steel match times. What's a good trigger wt to move to on my 1911? I'm in the 3sec range and want to break into the 2s

Why do you think changing the trigger pull weight will help you take a second off of your time, especially since there are no multiple shots on any target?

gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    Thanks...going from 3 1/4 to ~2 1/4. I'll have a few more questions for you if I make it to your club shoot this weekend....

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    lowering your trigger weight may help the feel of the trigger itself, but it wont cut a half second off your time. Work on target transitions and being able to get the shot off sooner when you get your sights on the target. (this is assuming you dont miss targets and waste any time there. If you aren't shooting perfectly clean, work on that)

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What is your average draw time to first shot? I know it will vary depending on target size and distance, but a slow reaction to the buzzer or a slow draw in general can kill your times something fierce too.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Steel is all about the draw and transitions. Going from a 3.5lb trigger to a 2lb isn't going to speed either one of those things up.

My trigger is. 5.25lbs.

Top Bottom