• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This 100%, a young kid is given a tremendous amount of responsibility, which could possibly be the first time in his life. Then he is expected to make every correct decision after that, even though he hasn't gained the knowledge that life throws at you.

I agree. However, if it has an effect on others lives then they should put him with a partner until that experience is gained. Either way, that young kids life is going to be effected forever and a family has to live with this every holiday season now. Bad all around.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doing some study and analysis is not a bad thing ever, and it may be something that goes on now. As I understand it there are at least three different academies in the state. The State Police, IMPD and everyone else. (There may be more not for sure)

There are some things to consider. I talk with regularly a guy who is a firearms instructor at the LEA. There are a ton of officer that come in that have never fired a gun. They have a lot of work to do with those folks in a week of the range to get them familiar and on target to qualify. If every aspect of the job is similar for these recruits think about how drinking out of a fire hose that situation is. How much can they absorb?

Training after the academy would seem to be very important. Some LEO do training on their own but most do not.

Think of the disadvantage that young officers are in on the job. Most of my wisdom has come from experience and a fair amount of that began with bad judgement.

An officer working the road cannot get too much firearms, gun-handling, reading people and circumstances training and experience. For that matter neither can the rest of us the EDC.

This is a terrible thing for this officer, who is young enough to be on his parent's health insurance for three more years.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    :):

He only killed one person. One too many, but it wasn't "people." Please list "massive amounts of corruption and tampering of evidence" and the names/positions of those that committed it. Also, the Legislature is the entity that allowed him to be released early, not the police.

Took you long enough.

Oh, you ask me why I kept posting in the (now closed) thread and now YOU are posting here? Let me return the favor. GET OUT NOW!!! There is nothing here for us.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You know, there’s really nothing but victims in this incident. Maybe everybody should take a step back and try som deep breathing and meditation before posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree. However, if it has an effect on others lives then they should put him with a partner until that experience is gained. Either way, that young kids life is going to be effected forever and a family has to live with this every holiday season now. Bad all around.

According to a link posted in the other (closed) thread the young officer spent 12 weeks with a partner learning the ropes before getting his own car and beat. So he was supervised and deemed competent to patrol on his own.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I understand and believe that due process for the officer is necessary.

I am not being snarky here, but I would like Mr. Rightsell to have has the same consideration.

I find the "Drive By Witness" account dubious,because they would have had to stop to see that much of the scene.

The officer's account also gives me pause.

There will never be closure in this situation. It will most likely go to court, drag out for years, cost the people a gob of settlement money, and be filed away with multiple non disclosure agreements.

I remember seeing that post on FB.
    Vague recollection here. Husband driving, wife passenger, as they were coming up on the scene, shots were fired. Car in front of them stopped, so they couldn't go anywhere. She had her husband turn around as she was crouched down, in case more bullets went flying. They took a different route home. She said she saw more than 1 police car there.
    truthfully, I think some of it may be true, some of it embellished. I know for myself, if I SAW that, I would make sure to have my statement heard. I got the impression that no statement was given, even after they reached their destination.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    An earlier account said they slowed down, now they were stopped by the car in front of them. The woman was ducked down, frightened, bur saw everything with clarity.

Ma'am, I am not questioning you, just the hearsay as presented.

If I am a witness, I will withdraw to a safe distance, but, I will stay and give a statement. I would not post it on FB.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    An earlier account said they slowed down, now they were stopped by the car in front of them. The woman was ducked down, frightened, bur saw everything with clarity.

Ma'am, I am not questioning you, just the hearsay as presented.

If I am a witness, I will withdraw to a safe distance, but, I will stay and give a statement. I would not post it on FB.

maybe 2 different women, both having "witnessed" the event.
    Anything I read on FB, I take with a grain of salt. Some truth, most "Hey, look, I have big balls"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    :):

He only killed one person. One too many, but it wasn't "people." Please list "massive amounts of corruption and tampering of evidence" and the names/positions of those that committed it. Also, the Legislature is the entity that allowed him to be released early, not the police.

Frank, you work hard at being what a LEO should be and you are part of a department with excellent standards. I understand you feel like you have just been kicked in the nuts. I would encourage you to remember that not everyone has experience with your quality of law enforcement and would encourage those people from spreading generalizations that don't hold up, although in the case of those who propagate unfair generalizations, sometimes it takes time for them to grow out of it. After all, it took exposure to a number of good examples including you to bring me to see this.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    More Facebook posts, for what they’re worth. Anecdotes of run-ins with this officer. Some people posted pictures of their tickets from him, which were all dumb traffic violations.

Edited out curse words.
    Grateful that ISP released his identity. This is the same a**hole that followed us from the ER and pulled us over. He had his gun out and had no backup, and he had us step out to interrogate me as to why I was at the hospital, and was I seeking drugs. I had pneumonia. He first claimed that the car and driver matched a description of a suspect, then it was that we were driving erratically, finally it was that we didn’t signal 200 feet before turning. When backup arrived, she allowed us to go. He followed us home. A few months later, he pulled us over in our driveway, asking why we turned into this driveway to evade him. I was so pissed, I reminded him that he should remember, he pulled us over at gun point just a few months earlier and followed us. Every time, we “matched the description”. And every time, he’s made comments about my husbands appearance. I’m not surprised at all.

At no point have I EVER had any reason to evade. It was literally below zero and he had me outside for no less than 15 minutes. I was cooperating because I wanted to go home and not prolong the stop. He kept interrogating me about seeking drugs, and asked why I didn’t have antibiotics. BECAUSE I JUST LEFT THE HOSPITAL AND YOU PULLED US OVER!!
    All he had to do was run our names and he would’ve seen zero criminal history. That’s why I don’t believe he had any valid reason to pull anybody over at any time, he was just abusing his power.
    Both times he had pulled Kyle and I over he has had his gun drawn. The first time he had three separate reasons for pulling us. The second time? He was behind us, and we turned into the driveway. Apparently, that’s evading and required a felony stop.

I let him read everything, I let him look through my purse, had nothing to hide. He followed us back to the house and sat across the street while we went in and I let the girls out to go potty. He knew who we were when he did it the second time. That’s what pushed me over the edge. I was sh***y with him the 2nd go round.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    More Facebook posts, for what they’re worth. Anecdotes of run-ins with this officer. Some people posted pictures of their tickets from him, which were all dumb traffic violations.

Edited out curse words.

Interesting but un-substantiated unless a complaint was filed.

Top Bottom