• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    The Mayor of NYC's comments that suggest a restriction of free travel got me thinking... how does a government operationalize martial law? Our cities and towns sprawl. Certainly, there aren't enough troops or law enforcement to block and patrol every road/neighborhood 24/7 within an entire State.

My point point of reference is Hollywood's depiction of a HUMVEE driving around with a blaring loudspeaker.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In this situation, people will do what they told or they won't. There will be no mass incarcerations or M240s turned on the people.

Again, it's not about a total shutdown. It's about reducing the number of people out and about.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Mayor of NYC's comments that suggest a restriction of free travel got me thinking... how does a government operationalize martial law? Our cities and towns sprawl. Certainly, there aren't enough troops or law enforcement to block and patrol every road/neighborhood 24/7 within an entire State.

My point point of reference is Hollywood's depiction of a HUMVEE driving around with a blaring loudspeaker.
    I've never really thought about it. It's also not something we've had to deal with in our lifetimes. As far as Governors activating the National Guard under Title 32 (State) authority that's a fairly common thing. Martial Law seems to have a Federal feel to it.

Subject to the UCMJ? The UCMJ has only been around since 1950. Martial Law as I picture here in the US was long before that. I'm picturing southern cities after the Civil War with Northern Troops everywhere. There was nothing even close to the UCMJ back then and there wasn't the large (standing) professional all-volunteer military we have today.

DeBlasio has no authority to call up anyone.

Posse Comitatus, it is a thing.

Top Bottom