• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I can't quote the text but when you have to be grandfathered in then the PoPo know what you have......then when they decide to take them away they know where to go and get them. Thats gun control 101.

I'm not doubting that this is an attempt to 1) ban the sale of new firearms, 2) limit the allowable transfer of existing firearms, & 3) create a registration of all existing firearms. But no where in the bill does it say that existing firearms have to be turned in, nor that they will be confiscated.

Let it be known that I do NOT agree with any portion of this bill, I am fully pro 2A and think all the IL politicians that agree with any type of gun legislation should be flushed down the proverbial toilet.

Just saying that they are not trying to take away existing guns, YET.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I'm not doubting that this is an attempt to 1) ban the sale of new firearms, 2) limit the allowable transfer of existing firearms, & 3) create a registration of all existing firearms. But no where in the bill does it say that existing firearms have to be turned in, nor that they will be confiscated.

Let it be known that I do NOT agree with any portion of this bill, I am fully pro 2A and think all the IL politicians that agree with any type of gun legislation should be flushed down the proverbial toilet.

Just saying that they are not trying to take away existing guns, YET.

Your missing the point. They will have to be registered to be grandfathered and then when they know who all has them they will come after them and now they they know who has them and where you are.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm sure you caught the part where manufacturers are included.
    I don't who/how many manufacturers are in Illinois but this isn't good for them especially those that can't move for whatever reason, and would be a tremendous expense for those that would move.

This goes to show you how stupid The Machine is.
    They are beyond bankrupt.
    The State/Machine makes money from firearms related sales in so many ways, not to mention the jobs created i.e. more money for them.
    They are so stupid.

Hard telling how much money Illinois garners from Springfield Armory Inc in one year just for property taxes, permits, fees ect.
    That's just one manufacturer.
    Stupid, so stupid.

Then we get to the part of this being illegal.

I'm sure Governor Daniels (and maybe even Pat Bauer...is Springfield union?) would welcome Springfield Armory to Indiana. I would.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I'm sure Governor Daniels (and maybe even Pat Bauer...is Springfield union?) would welcome Springfield Armory to Indiana. I would.

I think Pat Bauer would like to get some carpet manufacturers to relocate here, maybe he could get a better piece to cover up whatever that is that died on top of his head

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I, for one, would like to thank all of you for supporting the legal gun owning residents of Illinois. :patriot: (Yep! I'm one):rockwoot:
    If this ignorance passes, I will move my guns to IN where they will be safe. (Then, asap, I will follow.)

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Yet another reason to hate Politicians.. They're about as useful as breasta'sists on a bull.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    That isn't the mindset to take. We should ram this crappy piece of legislation back up their ass where it came from. Let them KNOW this kind of anti-Americanism trash will not be tolerated anymore!

BTW I forwarded this to my wife's relatives who still reside in Ill.
    Ya, Wat he said. I read this earlier today on a N.R.A. newsflash. They also want to make it illegal to sell them within a certain time frame. Me hates Chicago gungrabn law makers. No fricken compassion on the law keepn tax payn citizens. Damned Basstigessh.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Your missing the point. They will have to be registered to be grandfathered and then when they know who all has them they will come after them and now they they know who has them and where you are.

No I am not missing the point. I know exactly what they are ultimately wanting to do. I have no misconceptions on how the gun grabbers operate., hence the word "yet" at the end of the sentence that you highlighted.

I was simply trying to clarify that they are not YET coming to grab existing guns. Since the first post of this thread says
    URGENT ALERT - CHICAGO MACHINE IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS
    and the link it leads to states
    IF THESE BILLS PASS, YOU WILL HAVE 90 DAYS TO SURRENDER YOUR GUNS TO THE POLICE OR THE POLICE WILL BE COMING TO YOUR DOOR TO TAKE YOUR GUNS TO THE FURNACE, AND YOU TO THE PENITENTIARY.
    And neither of those statements are entirely true and only written to garner an emotional reaction among gun owners. Of course all this is moot, as it was stated multiple times in this thread, they try this every year or other year about and it never gets anywhere. But instead should serve as a reminder that we can never rest on our laurels.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Anderson
    I'm wondering if it will cover already owned firearms or will ban everything. My brother in law just got a Para Ordenance 45 ACP with 10 round mags. Wonder if he's going to have to get rid if it!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm wondering if it will cover already owned firearms or will ban everything. My brother in law just got a Para Ordenance 45 ACP with 10 round mags. Wonder if he's going to have to get rid if it!

There is a pretty simple way to find out! (Read the bill) The link has been posted several times.

To answer your question: it includes every applicable firearm. Ones banned by this will have to be registered and then either sold out of state or passed to an heir. Handguns with 10 round mags would be safe for now. Even if it were covered he could move or register it or break this poor excuse for a law.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    As I said before, I would just move my guns to IN where they would be safe. I would not get rid of them. (Sorry, yeah right! :rolleyes: Illinois traitors!)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Of note, CA several years ago required registration of all "assault weapons" :rolleyes: People were assured that it was just for safety or some such nonsense. Rambone posted the video of this commercial from that time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9nE4oRrHY[/ame]

When those same AR pattern rifles were then outlawed, the LEAs used the registration lists to go and confiscate the ones that were now illegal.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Of note, CA several years ago required registration of all "assault weapons" :rolleyes: People were assured that it was just for safety or some such nonsense. Rambone posted the video of this commercial from that time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9nE4oRrHY

When those same AR pattern rifles were then outlawed, the LEAs used the registration lists to go and confiscate the ones that were now illegal.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Blessings,
    Bill

This is exactly why if guns ever become outlawed then I along with many other law abiding citizens likely become outlaws.

Top Bottom