• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I think after the Doorbuster sale at Dicks there are a lot more Troy AR owners than there were a few weeks ago. Im looking to buy some mags, but have read that there can be issues with some of the Pmags. Id like to hear what mags you guys are finding are reliable in your Troy AR's

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    hmmm first I have heard of problems with PMAGs. Everything I have seen says they solve a lot of problems. :dunno:

Are they talking about the new gen 3 ones maybe? they can be identified by the dimple pattern on the lower sides. Kinda like a golf ball. It is supposed to be for paint ID markings.

Brownells PMAG 10 packs

AR-15/M16 PMAG POLYMER MAGAZINE 10-PAK | Brownells

I think what he is referring to is some guys have issues with PMAGs dropping free out of the Troy AR's. Mine has worked flawlessly with Troy, Magpul, Lancer, and USGI's though.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have a pair and P Mags won't drop free in either. The supplied 10 round Troy mags won't, but 3 different Troy 30s will, but those same 30s won't let the bolt release once it has locked back. USGI mags solve all above issues.

Almost makes me want a slick belly AR. Word is Troy is replacing out of spec lowers upon request.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom