• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Seems to me that Troy should just take their gun inventory and sell them directly for $1500 in this current panic. They would make triple what they were making with DSG and still have the cheapest EBR on the market!

There were lots of people at Midwest yesterday looking for ANY black rifle under $2K. Dump the inventory into the online marketplace via social media, make a killing and deal with Dick's later.

Dang, I'm brilliant. :)

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't know all the details but I do know when you make a contract with someone, especially a "supposedly" reputable company such as DSG, you expect them to conduct themselves in a professional manner and abide by the terms of the contract.

I, for one, will never purchase anything from DSG EVER again after what they did on this. You can blame Troy if you want, but IMO DSG is the responsible party here from what I have heard, Troy was willing to try to fill ALL of those orders.

I guess I don't have a ton of sympathy for vendors that enter into agreements (not necessarily contracts) with major retailers and then whine about it when they get burned. They're selling their rifles at Dick's and then moaning about their brand being devalued...just seems a little naive. It kind of comes with the territory.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have not been in a DSG in quite some time. I never really found what I was looking for. Their fly fishing rods, reels and accessories never appealed to me. They should just make the jump to selling clothing, golf clubs and running shoes as soon as they can. They have been disappointing ever since they took over the old Galyans in Plainfield. Gander Mountain has become a disappointment too in the last few years. I wonder if Cabelas and Bass Pro would do the same if they every came to Indy. You will not ever likely see my face in a DSG for many reasons with this being the straw that broke the camel's back.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So Sig and Bushmaster are not quality products?

To get those Troy ARs, they were direct.

I almost guarantee they get Sig through distributors, because if they were direct, they would have violated pricing contracts LONG ago.

Bushmaster....well.......it's part of Freedom Group now......so...............

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I guess I don't have a ton of sympathy for vendors that enter into agreements (not necessarily contracts) with major retailers and then whine about it when they get burned. They're selling their rifles at Dick's and then moaning about their brand being devalued...just seems a little naive. It kind of comes with the territory.

Fair enough... They should have had a better plan going in I guess.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Hmm, it kinda sounds like DSG and Troy's relationship was already doomed. Complaining that DSG was selling their products too cheap, and hurting their brand? Weird. Troy makes it sound like DSG may have had an alternate reason to stop selling modern sporting rifles, besides the Newtown tragedy. I would think they would've blamed DSG for not having any backbone after the incident, but instead they complain about pricing/contractual agreements. I smell fish.

Troy pretty much covered their butt for a major jump in price by stating several times in the FB posting their rifles will not be $800 in the future. The price of the sporting rifle is going to be in the + $1000 range for quite some time to come. This may have hurt Troy in the final quarter figures for this year but will actually help them when they unload the inventory at a higher price here in a few weeks. Better hurry before any legislation is passed.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    Doesn't this whole thing sound a little strange? Dick's isn't the only place in the country to sell an AR. We're missing a big piece of the puzzle. The buyers in today's AR market don't seem to be looking for the value leader. I would rather sell my rifles directly to the public for say, $1200 than sell them to Dick's for $900 and see them discounted. For that matter, team up with Midway and use their market presence to sell every one of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    South Bend
    The public should have the same arms availability as the military. That was the true intent of the 2nd amendment. I wonder if any of DSG's other weapon suppliers will show solidarity by jumping ship to other outlets? Wouldn't that be something?

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    tradertator you crack me up sometimes.
    And I agree with you too.

So, to those with a $100 gift card. What will you get that cost $99.99 on your last trip ever to Dick's?
    I would use it if there are no strings attached. Get in their wallet if you can.

About a month ago dicks sent me $70 "check" to use in their store. so last week I went and used it. Bought $70 worth of 9mm ammo on their dime, which was the last time I will be walking into a dicks sporting goods. They can lay in the bed they make, and I hope enough people boycott them that they go out of business :noway:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm currently working on a nice letter that I will be sending to the home office of DS, I'm doing some research to present them with facts so I hope this people are ready to give some answers as this letter will go to some places that Dicks may not this letter to go to.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    To get those Troy ARs, they were direct.

I almost guarantee they get Sig through distributors, because if they were direct, they would have violated pricing contracts LONG ago.

Bushmaster....well.......it's part of Freedom Group now......so...............

Walmart also sells Colt 6920s. Those must suck too huh. :rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom