• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've run a lot of Troy parts in the past on my AR's. They are a reputable name, and I would expect that a rifle with their name on it would live up to that reputation for quality.

I would not be shy about purchasing one.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Dick's has them right now for $999. With all the accessories that are on them, that is a steal!!! If I didn't have 5 ARs already, I would be jumping on one right now.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Thanks guys, I saw the deal at dicks , but with a new ar "manufacture "(and I use that word loosely)poping up on a daily basis , it's hard to keep up.

lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    I know a lot of big names in the firearms industry use Troy Industries parts. I know the rail that Kyle Lamb uses on some of his AR's are made by Troy Industries. I think Chris Costa uses their sights on his PredatOBR made by LaRue Tactical. I'd consider those 2 guys some of the most reputable names in the industry. I would think that if they use them on their rifles that they are probably pretty effective and useful.

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I know a lot of big names in the firearms industry use Troy Industries parts. I know the rail that Kyle Lamb uses on some of his AR's are made by Troy Industries. I think Chris Costa uses their sights on his PredatOBR made by LaRue Tactical. I'd consider those 2 guys some of the most reputable names in the industry. I would think that if they use them on their rifles that they are probably pretty effective and useful.

Yeah, after years of messing around with BUIS for my ARs, the only ones I will use are Troy.:twocents:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I just got home from buying one. I'm normally a builder, not a buyer, but this is a deal that's hard to beat! There is a glitch in the system right now that is selling them for the Black Friday price. Plus, if you get a store credit card, you get an aditional 10% off! So, I just walked out of the store with a decked out AR for about $770!! I cant build one like this for that money!

I heard about teh deal last night and did a bunch of reading on them. Lots of rumors circulating about the origin of some of the parts. One rumor that is true on mine is that it will not drop P-Mags. USGI aluminum drop fine, but the P-Mags stick in there. easy to pull out, but you'll not be doing any speedloads with them. Mine is also a Mid Length gas system on a fairly skinny barrel. It's nice and light, which is what I had planned on builing next, a simple, light carbine. Trigger is a bit heavy but I"ll try and wear it in soon. Bolt was tight on lock up the first few cycles. Bolt carrier looks to be staked very well.

I"ll try and get some pics up later tonight. if theres anything specific you'd like to see let me know and I"ll get pics. I"m working nights next week, so I may sneak away one day and go test it out.

As of right now, I'm happy with it. I fell like I got Ribeye for Hamburger price!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Only grip I had about mine was the low capacity mag. I tried to take it apart, thinking I could cure it, and it exploded across the kitchen :laugh:. The bottom must have been bonded on, and it had about 6 followers inside of it. I went into Dicks to complain about it because the sales guy said it was a 30 rounder, and they replaced it in store :thumbsup:.

I also got a deal. It was on sale for $100 off. Opened a card, and they took an additional 10% off. Also used my score card, and got back about $70 in store credit, which I put into more Battle Mags. I'm actually quite fond of them and have about 12. They are tough, feed reliably, and fit in my USGI style mag pouches that I can't fit a PMAG in.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Are the FDE ones out yet?

I don't think so. I would go get one, but already just acquired bought 3 ARs within the past 2 months plus I already have a Dick's card so no 10% for me.
    The mags are on sale in the Bloomington store for $39.99 for a 3-pack along with rail covers. I bought some of the rail covers the other day.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Depleted the Greenwood Dick's of their remaining pair, and tossed the 10 round magazines in the trash as soon as possible. They didn't drop free either.

7 lbs 3 oz out of the box, which isn't bad. The barrel profile is Rugeresque so I wouldn't be surprised to find they made them. Middling light, hammer forged, nitrocarburized in and out if so. It looks it to the eye.

Mid length gas. MPI bolt, FA carrier. Properly staked keys. Mid length gas system. Carbine weight buffer. Properly staked castle nut.

Very much like Troy's rails, so it makes me happy. Can do without BUIS but can't complain that they threw them in.

Troy Medieval brake, which I'll hack off as soon as time permits. Troy Battle Ax stock, no lock so I don't care for it. Likewise the upright Troy grip. Probably the worst trigger I've ever felt in an AR so that has to go too.

Mounted a light as it gets dark here at 6PM, for some insane reason. Ran a half dozen mags full of 62 TSXs through it. I put the mild accuracy woes up to the trigger, reserving judgement until I get something decent subbed in.

Top Bottom