• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Something definitely failed but I'm not convinced it was the thread.

You and this thread have failed miserably. This has been tried before right here on INGO https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/133415-semi_driver_mangles_school_buses.html :noway::noway:

serpicostraight is an ass and should be banned, he brings nothing of value to this site. NOTHING. That's what you should have made this thread about, not his chosen profession.

I know his kind, he is the guy in the back of the truck stop looking for lot lizards EVERY NIGHT. He's the guy who tries to back into the easiest spot 20 times before giving up and parking next the scales. Then he goes into the truck stop and brags about how good of a driver he is. He probably works for Swift or Schneider because nobody else will hire him. I'm even willing to bet his wife left him for another woman. Probably a woman cop. That would explain a lot now wouldn't it?

Now Phylodog, I'm not sure if you've ever read any of my posts or not. I have spent time defending cops when they were right and bashing the ones who were wrong. Here is the last cop thread I have posted in https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/200464-another_punk_with_a_badge.html I see you even posted in there. As far as I know only 1 truck driver was bashing cops there and 1 truck driver was defending cops. When will you look into the professions of everyone else and bash them?:popcorn:

Now Phylodog is on the same worthless list as serpicostraight.

Interestingly enough I logged in a week ago to look into become an advertiser on this site and came across this thread first. I'm glad I did, I wouldn't want to spend my money not only supporting this site but advertising on it also. Sucks for INGO that those 2 morons are making this site lose money now.

Now for everyone wanting to see a shooter. Here's your chance, ban me PLEASE so I wont even be tempted to come back. I can start spewing off 4 letter words if you need me to. One way or another you will have to ban me and while your at it ban my IP I will get my gun news from somewhere else.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think a lot of the problem with trucking now is all the illegals driving thanks to nafta. I may be wrong though
    A friend of mine was a former trucker. He told me that back in the 40's, 50's and 60's truckers used to be considered "the knights of the road". He said that now there are many who are ex-cons and dopers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With the "On demand shipping" boom due to the internet a lot of seats had to be filled so some things were overlooked to fill them. The number of trucks on the road has multiplied in the last few years. The competition for loads has escalated as well.

Are we outgrowing our interstates????

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylo, you created one hell of a **** storm here. We get you being defensive about cop bashing threads and you create a thread bashing truck drivers, just priceless :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This thread took precisely the path I'd hoped it would and I think most who have gotten upset have realized the intent behind it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wow, this thread has really taken off into a discussion about all things trucker.

I think some people have missed the purpose that the OP had for posting this thread.

It was done specifically to make a point about another issue.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    this is a good thread. im enjoying it. everybody is expressing thier opinions on both sides of the issues thats a good thing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wow, this thread has really taken off into a discussion about all things trucker.

I think some people have missed the purpose that the OP had for posting this thread.

It was done specifically to make a point about another issue.

This is the true joy of starting a thread--it will take on a life of its own and you can never be sure where it will go.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    this is a good thread. im enjoying it. everybody is expressing thier opinions on both sides of the issues thats a good thing.
    I'm glad you are enjoying it because you are the reason why the OP created this thread. ;) Why do you think he specifically picked truckers as the topic?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wow, this thread has really taken off into a discussion about all things trucker.QUOTE]

We really haven't delved into ALL things. No mention yet on how to deal with, well, individuals who beat on your door at about 0200. (I inspired one to become a magician!)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    We really haven't delved into ALL things. No mention yet on how to deal with, well, individuals who beat on your door at about 0200. (I inspired one to become a magician!)
    You made them disappear. :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You made them disappear. :D

The expanded version is that I had never been bothered until three incidents all in March of 2011. Two happened in Nashville, one woman wanted in my truck in teh worst way after waking me up at about 0200 (and I couldn't quite get teh fog out of my head). My guess is that she actually had robbery on her mind. The second was very up front about what she was selling and politlely moved along when I declined.

The other incident happened in Sullivan at the station at the corner of 41 and 154. I was already awake after having bought a snack and was about to leave at about 0200 after oversleeping a nap and this man appeared at my door wearing jeans, a jacket, and a baseball cap, easily passing for a driver leading me to the initial assumption that he was and needed directions/other information from the only person stirring. I put down the window and he looked at me and asked in a moderately effeminate but not completely overdone tone of voice, "Are you lonely?" I looked down at him and replied, "Do you need your neck broke?" Less than perfect grammar aside, it was amazing how quickly he disappeared.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The expanded version is that I had never been bothered until three incidents all in March of 2011. Two happened in Nashville, one woman wanted in my truck in teh worst way after waking me up at about 0200 (and I couldn't quite get teh fog out of my head). My guess is that she actually had robbery on her mind. The second was very up front about what she was selling and politlely moved along when I declined.

The other incident happened in Sullivan at the station at the corner of 41 and 154. I was already awake after having bought a snack and was about to leave at about 0200 after oversleeping a nap and this man appeared at my door wearing jeans, a jacket, and a baseball cap, easily passing for a driver leading me to the initial assumption that he was and needed directions/other information from the only person stirring. I put down the window and he looked at me and asked in a moderately effeminate but not completely overdone tone of voice, "Are you lonely?" I looked down at him and replied, "Do you need your neck broke?" Less than perfect grammar aside, it was amazing how quickly he disappeared.
    Yeah I kinda figured that's what you meant. I actually do know where that intersection is. I used to deliver material down to the Hoosier Energy power plant just south of there.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    +1.

If she wants sympathy, all she need do is look ... between the ... **** and syphilis.

hmmm, i always thought that spot was called the taint. now i know it's called sympathy, thanks!

and yes, i've seen some super dirty girls before to which this would apply.

Top Bottom