• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4-door truck

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I compared $50K trucks. I couldn't afford the King Ranch in a 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel. I think that put me in a Lariat or XLT. For the money, GMC offers their SLT or even their Denali.

Maybe in the 1/2 ton trucks the prices are different.

I have no idea about the 3/4 ton stuff but for 50K you can get into about any F-150 they make. Platinum, Raptor, Harley, King Ranch, etc. Those are all under 50K starting out.

Id take a Lariat, FX-4, Platinum, King Ranch, Harley F-150 over a Denali GMC any day.

My brother in law had a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, it was nice inside but nothing special by any means and it was over 50K new.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have no idea about the 3/4 ton stuff but for 50K you can get into about any F-150 they make. Platinum, Raptor, Harley, King Ranch, etc. Those are all under 50K starting out.

Id take a Lariat, FX-4, Platinum, King Ranch, Harley F-150 over a Denali GMC any day.

My brother in law had a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, it was nice inside but nothing special by any means and it was over 50K new.

Yeah, I didn't like the Chevy interiors either. Boring.... The GMC seems nicer, and the fit/finish is definitely better. Maybe we just have different tastes?

If a 1/2 ton would have done what wanted, I would have saved the money and bought another one. Ended up with a heck of a deal on my 3/4 ton (didn't pay anywhere near the $50K sticker), so I'm not disappointed. I'll never go back to a gas 1/2 ton again. The diesel has spoiled me. :rockwoot:

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Once you have a D I E S E L, you don't want a gas truck again

I'm in the process of going back. I had a 7.3 don't get me wrong the thing was a beast of a machine when I was pulling my boat and my lawncare equipment. I have since sold both and the truck was just no longer needed. Maintenance is at least double 100-130 bucks to do a full oil/fuel/air filter change. 10-30% premium for fuel not to mention the additional cost of the truck. 13-15 MPG's. At the end of the day there are more negatives for me than positives. If I pulled or towed a lot then yes diesel hands down but for a regular guy it's and expensive perk. A buddy has a 2010 Duramax and feels the same way.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    My '08 5.4 Tritton Flex Fuel treehugger pisseroffer, I luv it!
    Nuff said :D

dsc1048y.jpg

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm in the process of going back. I had a 7.3 don't get me wrong the thing was a beast of a machine when I was pulling my boat and my lawncare equipment. I have since sold both and the truck was just no longer needed. Maintenance is at least double 100-130 bucks to do a full oil/fuel/air filter change. 10-30% premium for fuel not to mention the additional cost of the truck. 13-15 MPG's. At the end of the day there are more negatives for me than positives. If I pulled or towed a lot then yes diesel hands down but for a regular guy it's and expensive perk. A buddy has a 2010 Duramax and feels the same way.
    My 2008 F-250 is a hot rod with seats for 6 & a 8 foot bed:rockwoot:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My 06 Sierra 1500 is a solid 15-second 1/4-miler, 24mpg highway cruiser with room for six, tows 7200lbs, isquiet and costs me a $30 oil change every 9k miles. Being 2wd it rides like a dream, handles great for being as large as it it and the rack and pinion steering makes it track like a caddy on the highway. That and the magnaflow catback sounds absolutely glorious at full song.

Here she is 130 miles from home after a 1600 mile tow:
    corvette_005.jpg

and last summer in north eastern Arizona:
    Bobs_camera_6-2010_vacation_190.jpg

Bobs_camera_6-2010_vacation_310.jpg

That trip we ran 5800 miles in 8 days. We were never once uncomfortable, it drove great through the mountains, topped 11k feet quite a few times on 2lane highways through south eastern Utah, south western Colorado up through Denver. Averaged 22.1mpg for the entire trip, with 2 days of puttering around Tucson Arizona's crappy stoplight infested streets and plenty of passing semis on two laners uphill.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    If it was between those three, it would be Ford, as I've had one since 2000 without any bit of trouble. Also, of those three, Ford didn't take the bailout.

If you asked me what Pick Up I would get, without limiting it to those three, it would be the Toyota.

I love Honda cars, but I just can't get hooked on the Ridgeline.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    ^ With the time I spent in the last gen Tundra, and what I know of friends with the current gen Tundra, you couldn't give me one. No thanks. Previous gen was a gutless pig with constant transmission issues. The new gen is an overdog that can pass anything but a gas station.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im one of the rare ones here. Go RAM all the way. Their new interiors are amazing, the exteriors are awesome, and the power of the (semi)HEMI is great, throw in the MDS for fuel mileage. Chrysler vehicles arent the same as they were a couple years ago.

I have a 2008 Charger that I CANNOT WAIT to sell.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I've got Dodges. I've always had MOPAR cars and trucks. My last 3 trucks were/are 92 Dakota 95 Ram1500, and a 2000 Ram 1500. The Dakota had about 150k on it when I sold it to my neighbor in '03. She is still driving it everyday. I bought my 95 in 2000 with 70k on it. I pulled a bass boat and a cargo trailer with it. It's got 310k on it and I still have it. I bought the 2000 last April. It has 160k+ on it. The 95 is a standard cab with an 8' bed 2WD. The 2000 is a cab and a half 4door with a6.5' bed and 4WD. The run untill the body rusts off of them.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Im not classy enough for a bow tie on my truck

Im more of a dual whips and Blue oval kinda guy. I beat on my vehicles hard. I started with a 2wd Chevy and I blew that 700r4 in 6 months at 115k. I then had a 2wd Dodge, 360 4 spd. Blew the water pump 2nd week. Then a 2wd 4 cylinder 5 spd Ranger that I paid $300 for. Ive had that truck for 6 years and all Ive put on it is a Fuel pump Relay and its at around 250k. Because of that I bought another Ranger cause I wanted my first 4x4. Its 4x4 regular cab short bed. It had 300k ish on it. I killed that one a bit faster but its getting a V8 soon :rockwoot: When I got a good job I bought a newer F150 4x4 and it was just a let down everytime I tried doing anything truck like with it. After that I got a Diesel F250. Old one. It rides just as good did twice the work and got better mileage. Long story short just get the 3/4 ton. Its a better TRUCK. 1/2 tons are nice but I feel that they have become soft in the past years. For Ford I will say that started in 97. 3/4 tons are stronger, they hold there Value better especially if its Diesel (Which I would suggest doing) Gassers just use alot more fuel without having as much low end power. Im not a fan of the Ecoboost in the trucks though (unless its a Ranger That would be sweet). Id like to see the Ecoboost hook chains to the equivalent V8 truck. Plus the lariats have very nice interiors IMO. Id like to get behind the wheel of one of those new 6.7 powerstrokes too. What makes me sad about modern diesels is they have so much power they have lost there Efficiency. My 7.3 got 20 mpg and even though it hardly has any power by the new truck standards it still holds it own. Besides I miss the smoke belching Diesels.

A quiet clean truck doesnt anger smug hippies as much as a Rusty ol Multi colored ford blowing black Prius repellent from a 5 inch straight pipe tearing up the road past them. If you really wanna make them gasp when you come to the light beside one and they look at you all smug like spit your dip spit out your window (observe the rules of life though and dont spit on the mans wheels) and give your best crooked smile

Top Bottom