• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Not really. It's the same as any other concealment method with a cover garment. However, it's potentially faster.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Difficult to hide the draw, though...

Not really. It's the same as any other concealment method with a cover garment. However, it's potentially faster.

I don't think that's what's talking about. When you draw from appendix or the mirror image, anyone looking at you knows exactly what you're doing. If you carry strong side or further back, it's possible to disguise what you're doing, especially if someone is expecting that you're doing something else like going for your wallet that they're trying to get from you.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I don't think that's what's talking about. When you draw from appendix or the mirror image, anyone looking at you knows exactly what you're doing. If you carry strong side or further back, it's possible to disguise what you're doing, especially if someone is expecting that you're doing something else like going for your wallet that they're trying to get from you.
    Ah!
    That makes infinitely more sense. Pocket carrying a P3AT solves that for me.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Since staying in the city more I've changed not only how I conceal but how i dress. I wear a lot of sport jackets or Blazers. I carry my CZ Rami on my strong side about 2:00. With a sport jacket I can easily draw the weapon quickly without having to use my left hand. Last year I actually was invited to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame after party. I had my Rami with me the whole time. No one was to the wiser. If I go to dinner with the wife I always sit in a booth and with the wall to my right. So I can take the jacket off without anyone seeing it. Gotta adapt to your surroundings.

GNRHOSH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Franklin
    With being a larger build individual, I can pocket carry with dress pants (they usually have bulky and large enough pockets and opening) with very little printing or if I am wearing a jacket or coat it does not show at all, ankle carry with larger bluejeans and similar pants, or 3:30 tucked IWB with proper weather and garments. All with the S&W Shield 9mm and eventually a compact or full size at the 3:30 IWB position only. Or as a few friends have suggested and I may end up trying a dual carry with ankle and 3:30 IWB.

Appendix is not possible and SOB locations is not really options as when I tried to carry a revolver there years ago it had a tendency to just flopped around when moving around.

MBogus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've got long enough arms that I can IWB carry my Taurus PT 111 at 5 o'clock and still quickly draw. Combined with my pretty broad shoulders and back, most shirts sit a good 3 inches off my waist and no one knows I'm carrying. My wife even forgets until she hugs me or touches my lower back.

Most important thing I've found is getting it where it's both comfortable and accessible, and then leaving it alone.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I'm looking into this as well. Have been looking at a few options including the MTAC, crossbreed, Foxx holsters, etc. I normally appendix carry with a JM Custom AIWB and have considered their AIWB tuckable however am wondering if I can get something more comfortable/discrete. I vary between jeans and a t-shirt to dress pants/shirts tucked in. I am not against having multiple holsters depending on the outfit however am a smaller guy. 5'9" 140 lbs. EDC is a Glock 19.

Top Bottom