• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Republicans: "China is evil! We must keep China out of America!"
    Also Republicans: "Biden is trying to keep China's TikTok out of America - we need to keep China in control!"

We get so blinded with hating Democrats that we fail to follow our own logic. The GOP is quickly turning into a simple anti-Dem party. We've lost our way. That failed miserably for the Dems in trying to be anti-GWB, and it will end badly for us.

TikTok: "No, we don't have control over our users."
    Also TikTok: "Users! Assembly! Fight for China's control!"

One need only look to the absolute assault that TikTok'ers unleashed on Congress to be really, really, concerned about this. What happens when China in Invades Taiwan? What do you think TikTok will be like?

As to the idea that the US Govt. will control and use it for nefarious purposes, why worry? Trump will be in power soon and he can control it. But seriously, are you scared that a US company can't run TikTok servers without being a shill of .gov? Isn't Truth Social a US company? Why aren't you worried about it being a shill of .gov? Do you really trust China, a completely communist country, more than the Land of the Free? Have you gone that far?

And wait - Truth Social is run and owned by a political candidate, does that not bother you?
    Idunno. I think my position on it is quite consistent. Nuke TikTok. Then no one gets to use it for nefarious purposes.

About Truth social, it’s a free country. Anyone gets to start a business. And if the social media companies had not mutually agreed to kick Trump off social media, he’d never have started his own. That ine is on Democrats for putting their thumb on public discourse.

BTW, I don’t have a TikTok or Truth Social account. Nor would I join either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's a pretty gross misrepresentation. The users not wanting the app to be banned does not mean Tik Tok has control of them.

We don't need the government trying to save people from themselves yet again. Using Tik Tok is a choice. People should have the right to make that choice.
    Eh. Nuke it. It is proliferating ClownWorld™ and eroding society. Omegle may even be worse.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We don't need the government trying to save people from themselves yet again. Using Tik Tok is a choice. People should have the right to make that choice.
    There is a legitimate government interest in controlling foreign propaganda if there was a legitimate government to do so.

I truly do not understand why we ever allowed foreign governments and their puppet masters to do all they do in this country…

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Republicans: "China is evil! We must keep China out of America!"
    Also Republicans: "Biden is trying to keep China's TikTok out of America - we need to keep China in control!"
    I think they are the same ones yelling loudest about FISA. I get being opposed to warrantless (or questionable warrants) spying on us citizens by intelligence agencies of the federal government, but how can you be PRO spying by foreign adversaries on us citizens at the same time?

Does the CIA need to set up a social media app in a different country to make FISA ok?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think they are the same ones yelling loudest about FISA. I get being opposed to warrantless (or questionable warrants) spying on us citizens by intelligence agencies of the federal government, but how can you be PRO spying by foreign adversaries on us citizens at the same time?

Does the CIA need to set up a social media app in a different country to make FISA ok?
    Now look up hammer & scorecard…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There is a legitimate government interest in controlling foreign propaganda if there was a legitimate government to do so.

I truly do not understand why we ever allowed foreign governments and their puppet masters to do all they do in this country…
    I thought we were all worried about them stealing info from people not foreign propaganda.

Top Bottom