• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I just received my trust paperwork and have some questions.

Once i I have everything filled out properly and notarized do I need to submit it to the ATF somehow before listing it on a Form 1 or a Form 4?

I am going to do an SBR as the next step in my NFA quest was just wanting to have all of my ducks in a row before I went to register it with the trust and want a smooth process.

What all needs to be submitted when I go to register it?

I tried to check the NFA FAQ but the link wouldn't work for me.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You will submit a copy of the trust with your form. After you get the blessing then you will add the item to your trust. If the efile system ever comes up again you can upload your trust there and have it as a saved document.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Quick question, tomorrow I am getting a trust for future NFA items. I currently have 3 NFA items that were acquired personally. Will I be able to add these items to the trust and if so will it cost extra?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Quick question, tomorrow I am getting a trust for future NFA items. I currently have 3 NFA items that were acquired personally. Will I be able to add these items to the trust and if so will it cost extra?

You would have to transfer them to the trust on a form 4 at $200 a pop. Is it worth it? That's up to you. :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That's generally the consensus unless its for something expensive. ;)

I have a similar problem. If only I would've gotten a trust sooner. I plan to just transfer one a year until they're all transferred. Shouldn't take too long. In the long run I think it's worth it, but that's just personal preference.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I just received my trust paperwork and have some questions.

Once i I have everything filled out properly and notarized do I need to submit it to the ATF somehow before listing it on a Form 1 or a Form 4?

I am going to do an SBR as the next step in my NFA quest was just wanting to have all of my ducks in a row before I went to register it with the trust and want a smooth process.

What all needs to be submitted when I go to register it?

I tried to check the NFA FAQ but the link wouldn't work for me.

Great question, I just got my trust & have same confusion. Google-Fu returned various / differing answers. I put item on trust, but pending NFA stamp. Mailed out last Saturday, I'll update with results in future.....far away future.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You will submit a copy of the trust with your form. After you get the blessing then you will add the item to your trust. If the efile system ever comes up again you can upload your trust there and have it as a saved document.
    I can't find where yoh add yojr trust o. Efile. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom