• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I've been getting all my information together before I file a form 1 to SBR my m92. I've been told by a lot of people about sending your trust and your schedule A form to them and I also asked silencerCo this same question and this is their response. Does this seem right to anyone? Is there a difference in trusts from a company or lawyer?

image_1.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    (Don't have my file, so this is from memory.)

First, I sent a copy of the trust, and also a letter that is a confirmation of the trust, along with the schedule. That is probably overkill.

Second, it may be that BATFE only needs the confirmation of the trust and the schedule.

Finally, it may also depend on whether this is the first stamp for the trust or a second/later stamp. Once the trust is in the system, they may only need the confirmation that it is the same trust, along with the schedule.

Finally 2, better to send too much than too little. Nothing really proprietary about the trust, so sending it again shouldn't hurt anything.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I don't send a schedule A with mine ever. Just an "assignment" form that shows the new item is going to the trust. The Schedule A should be something you keep up to date for yourself and in case you ever need to produce it from a legal standpoint.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I don't send a schedule A with mine ever. Just an "assignment" form that shows the new item is going to the trust. The Schedule A should be something you keep up to date for yourself and in case you ever need to produce it from a legal standpoint.

Gotcha sir i typed the wrong thing lol. i called the atf today and they said you have to send both the trust and assignment form in. i wish i could just mail it as idk how to PDF something that has been scanned lol

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Gotcha sir i typed the wrong thing lol. i called the atf today and they said you have to send both the trust and assignment form in. i wish i could just mail it as idk how to PDF something that has been scanned lol

Well hell, I don't think I sent the assignment with mine. Guess I need to call ATF tomorrow and see how they'd like me to send it.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I sent the whole thing all 6 times, I have heard stories of issues when people only send parts. Not sure if internet rumor or not but it not worth taking the chance. It's not like you are keeping anything from them anyway;-)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Called the NFA branch a little bit ago. They don't need the schedule or assignment.

On another bright note and since I was on the phone with them, he said I had 2 form 4s approved "about a week ago". They cashed the checks on 12-2-15. Can't wait to get them in hand

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Really no assignment? Thats awesome tho. now i really need to figure out how to upload it to the atf on the Efile system lol idk how to pdf forms.

Top Bottom