• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Just like to be in the woods and rounding up dinner sounds good. I live in Lake county anyone have a suggestion to a good near spot?
    I have a licence...10/22, Marlin 60 and a Savage single shot bolt-action.
    hps or 40 gr? Thanks:)

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I am hoping to try my hand at squirrel hunting at kingsbury (35minutes from me in HObart)

Not much else I can do with my ar-15 :P

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Not much else I can do with my ar-15 :P

Wow, not going to be much left of the squirrel after being hit by a 3000+fps round!

Also, shooting into trees with a .223 is a little dangerous. If you miss the tree who knows how far that bullet will travel.

I've thought about it but it's just not worth it.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Sometimes it aint about hitting a squirrel, it is the peace and quiet of sitting alone in the woods thinking. Good way to spend a few peaceful hours even if you never fire a shot.

Hunting is not always about killing something, it is about getting close enough to make the kill that is the challenge.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    G McBride,

You must be one of those old fogeys that PAMI was talking about:D These days, when I get out in the woods, I just enjoy seeing the wildlife and listening to the sounds. When I kill something, then I must clean it and cook it. A lot of work for a squirrel. A deer? Fugidaboudit!

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Wow, not going to be much left of the squirrel after being hit by a 3000+fps round!

Also, shooting into trees with a .223 is a little dangerous. If you miss the tree who knows how far that bullet will travel.

I've thought about it but it's just not worth it.

if I do I'll never shoot into the air. I'll only shoot at in ground squirrel.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    can you use centerfire for squirrel in IN? thats waaaayy overkill at any rate. CCI .22 short targets with home made hollow point is good an plenty for head shots.
    DSCN10512008-10-05.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    can you use centerfire for squirrel in IN? thats waaaayy overkill at any rate. CCI .22 short targets with home made hollow point is good an plenty for head shots.
    You can use a .50 BMG for hunting squirrel in Indiana. Because you are shooting up, so it is safe. :rolleyes: But for deer, please do not use your little 30-30.

Top Bottom