• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Hello folks, thought I would query the hive mind when it comes to 5.56 bullpups.

I am trying to decide between

A: FN FS2000
    B: MSAR STG 5.56 E4 version
    C: Waiting to Steyr brings their AUG out in production here in the USA.

I have shot the Steyr and the MSAR, but dont know anyone with a FS2000.

Am I missing another gun by any chance? surely there are more than 3 bullpups on the market...

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hello folks, thought I would query the hive mind when it comes to 5.56 bullpups.

I have the MSAR and the FS2000 as well as a Kel-Tec RFB in .308. I prefer the FS2000 over the MSAR. The FN has a much better trigger pull and feels more balanced than the MSAR. The FN does have a rubber boot in the mag well that seals dirt and dust from getting up in the action. The magazines don't drop out, but have to be pulled out. A little trimming of the boot frees up the magazines if you want them to drop.

I like both 5.56 rifles but love the RFB in .308. It is shorter than both the 5.56s and swings and points like a dream. It hammers the steel plates and the .308 just feels better. The RFB has the best trigger of the 3.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    For what its worth the AUG family of guns has long been my favorite bullpup weapon. The original AUG did very well in foreign military trials and is used by some 29 countries. But mainly I like it because it just feels right in my hands.

Rick Barrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I loved my FS2000. Only two negatives were, it only took standard ar mags, magpul and some of the polymer ones won't fit and secondly the trigger isn't as light, smooth or crisp as a standard ar but that is a problem bullpups will always have to an extent and can be overcome with familiarity.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    None of the above. Go up to Canada and get a Tevor-21. I'd chose this gun over any in the world. Though the new kal-tec does look interesting.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    whatever one you decide on.....shop hardcore for prices, FS2000 prices MSAR prices both vary like +/- $500-1000 depending on where you go. I've seen some dealers sell the FS2000 for $2000, and you can buy the same weapon from CDNN for like $1200

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    My MSAR has also functioned without any issues. In addition, it is very accurate. I will admit that the trigger is not the best (feels a little stacked). I have read good things on the Aug sites about a trigger solution from NeuTrigger that I may buy.

I looked at other bull pups and just liked the size of the MSAR.

Top Bottom