• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    After an undercover investigation of Florida TSA workers, the agency determined that dozens of their employees were not performing to the level of tyranny that they require. The crackdown will serve as an incentive for TSA workers nationwide to ratchet down on passengers.

"Either you're with us, or you're with the terrorists." - Founder of the TSA

Why Airport Security Is Going To Be a Lot More Annoying This Summer
    Five TSA workers have been fired and 38 more have been suspended at the Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers. It's one of the largest disciplinary actions in the 10-year history of the Transportation Security Administration, according to spokesman David Castelveter.

This is very bad news. For you.

For them too, of course, but such a disciplinary action right at the beginning of the summer vacation season means that things are going to get hard for everyone. The reason? The workers were terminated and suspended because a secret, internal investigation showed that they "failed to perform random screenings last year."

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    The never ending TSA Mess... As bad (no worse) than dealing with an OSHA inspector who gets disciplined because he hasn't written up enough violations in a month. (yes, known from personal experience)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It's not worth it to me to fly anymore. I'll paddle a canoe all the way to London to see the Queen before I hop on a plane.

Somehow, they would try to worm their way even unto that.

TSA: Its not just for aircraft.

......But more and more, they seem to involve giving airport-style pat-downs and screenings of unsuspecting passengers at bus terminals, ferries, and even subways.

These surprise visits are part of the TSA's VIPR program: Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response. The VIPR program first started doing searches in 2007, and has grown since then. Currently, the TSA only has 25 VIPR teams doing these impromptu searches: in 2012, it wants to get 12 more......
    Surprise! TSA Is Searching Your Car, Subway, Ferry, Bus, AND Plane | Mother Jones

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well I for one am glad the TSA is on top of things.:rolleyes: I flew out of Omaha's airport on Saturday and had my soft sided computer case searched for...wait for it.... a BOTTLE!:nailbite:

Never mind the case has SEVERAL chargers with wires attached for all the stuff I took with me, the only thing that alarmed him was a bottle. I asked him how big was it since I knew there were 2 very small bottles in the case containing the juice for my electronic cigarette. He goes completely thru my computer case and found nothing. THEN under the case he found the contraband, my half full bottle of Diet Coke. I didn't know you couldn't take a drink into an airport so I just set in in the tub going thru the x-ray machine.

Point is no problem with all the "stuff" with wires going all over the place, it was that darned Coke bottle. MAN, did I feel safe from all the bad guys.:D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well I for one am glad the TSA is on top of things.:rolleyes: I flew out of Omaha's airport on Saturday and had my soft sided computer case searched for...wait for it.... a BOTTLE!:nailbite:

Never mind the case has SEVERAL chargers with wires attached for all the stuff I took with me, the only thing that alarmed him was a bottle. I asked him how big was it since I knew there were 2 very small bottles in the case containing the juice for my electronic cigarette. He goes completely thru my computer case and found nothing. THEN under the case he found the contraband, my half full bottle of Diet Coke. I didn't know you couldn't take a drink into an airport so I just set in in the tub going thru the x-ray machine.

Point is no problem with all the "stuff" with wires going all over the place, it was that darned Coke bottle. MAN, did I feel safe from all the bad guys.:D

TSA at its finest! Proving once again that there is no bottom limit on stupidity!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It's not worth it to me to fly anymore. I'll paddle a canoe all the way to London to see the Queen before I hop on a plane.

I fly around 20 times a year. No problems lately. Check my bags . Use a carry on , no liquids or anything on the not allowed list. Pull my laptop out. Empty everthing out of my pockets, takes shoes off put it on the belt. Go through scanners and do it in reverse.
    I never get there two hours ahead any more. 1 hour is allmost to much, unless it is a noon or after flight ,then there is time for a couple of beers.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The TSA has gotta go. No more free junk touching.

When I flew out of Indy the last time, I informed the TSA agent that was about to pat me down, that he wouldn't be a happy person if touched me inappropriately. He interpreted that to mean that I would physically harm him, and informed me that "assaulting a federal employee would send me to jail."

I might have mentioned that jail is preferable to an extended stay in a hospital bed.

Top Bottom