• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Pretty soon they will require you to submit to a Colonoscopy in order to get on an aircraft in the United States of Fraidycats. Tell people it is for their own safety and the sheep will probably accept it!

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Yep, I don't think I'll ever, ever fly again unless I can afford my own private jet.

theyll do this to trains and busses and then to cars... each time the people move on,,,the people will say --Ive had enough-- and then move to the next thing,,,which will then get shut down...

one day,,,youll need papers in hand to walk down an American street...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The problem is that you're relying on crystal balls. Given that Wikileaks has already released a number of items in their War Diaries releases and the current releases have been out now for almost 2 weeks, would you care to cite an example of any harm that's been done? At best the new releases are embarrassing to governments. Damaging? Not likely, yet.

:laugh: Two whole weeks? That's your standard for determining negative fall out from this? (And I don't rely on crystal balls. I'm not the one attempting to predict zero negative consequences from this.)

I don't suppose you would consider the risk to the named Afghans who now face death for cooperating with NATO forces against the Taliban as damaging to them now, would you?

Uhm, I have no idea what you're talking about or what you mean by "Nice straw"?:dunno:

I didn't say "nice straw." I said "nice straw man." As in straw man argument. Notice no comma between "straw" and "man" indicating that straw is an adjective modifying man and thus coupling the two together.

It was made in response your asinine statement that because I didn't condemn TSA's actions (despite that fact that I never even addressed it), I must somehow support it.

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-book-0 (from Wiki)

Maybe you should stick to the topic you're posting in:hijack::rules: and be a little less cryptic.
    I neither strayed from the topic nor posted cryptically. Any reading comprehension skills or inability to detect sarcasm falls on you. ;)

I did, however, make a leap of faith in connecting two seemingly unrelated stories by drawing on the known dislike of the government by the OP and using his own opinions on the Wikileaks circumstances as it relates to the government to reassure him that the evil government he so reviles will soon be shamed into behaving properly by having its dirty laundry aired by a foreigner. And thus this brouhaha over TSA's breach of rights will soon be at an end.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    :laugh: Two whole weeks? That's your standard for determining negative fall out from this? (And I don't rely on crystal balls. I'm not the one attempting to predict zero negative consequences from this.)

I don't suppose you would consider the risk to the named Afghans who now face death for cooperating with NATO forces against the Taliban as damaging to them now, would you?
    The War Diaries have been out since summer and there have been no reported deaths associated with their release. If there had been, you can rest assured that the government would be screaming their heads off about it, in an attempt to indict Wikileaks. As for the current releases, they don't have anything, so far that would tend to put anyone at risk. Well, except for Prince Andrew, who may never be trusted to go overseas as a trade rep again. That seems like a plus, to me.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The War Diaries have been out since summer and there have been no reported deaths associated with their release. If there had been, you can rest assured that the government would be screaming their heads off about it, in an attempt to indict Wikileaks. As for the current releases, they don't have anything, so far that would tend to put anyone at risk. Well, except for Prince Andrew, who may never be trusted to go overseas as a trade rep again. That seems like a plus, to me.

Key word: reported.

In all honesty, all other issues aside, is the Taliban going to advertise what it does? They aren't going to kill just the people on the list. Family members, friends. Who will be left to speak about it?

Is the left--who is absolutely loving the negative light these documents are casting on Bush's administration--going to report anything negative from their release?

And who's to say there isn't some diplomatic fall out that will never see the light of day?

There are hundreds of thousands of documents. Not pages, documents. No one knows what is in every single one of those. No one knows just how potentially harmful a seemingly innocuous piece of information might be in the future. And Assange is still in possession of thousands more (if we take him at his word.) What is in those? Will he release them?

I think it's the height of arrogance to assume that the only negative consequence to come from this document dump is a mark on the reputation of the U.S. government.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Key word: reported.

In all honesty, all other issues aside, is the Taliban going to advertise what it does? They aren't going to kill just the people on the list. Family members, friends. Who will be left to speak about it?

Is the left--who is absolutely loving the negative light these documents are casting on Bush's administration--going to report anything negative from their release?

And who's to say there isn't some diplomatic fall out that will never see the light of day?

There are hundreds of thousands of documents. Not pages, documents. No one knows what is in every single one of those. No one knows just how potentially harmful a seemingly innocuous piece of information might be in the future. And Assange is still in possession of thousands more (if we take him at his word.) What is in those? Will he release them?

I think it's the height of arrogance to assume that the only negative consequence to come from this document dump is a mark on the reputation of the U.S. government.
    Have you been living in Tora Bora in a cave? The Taliban and Al-Quaida publicise everything they do. They'd have the assassination of a spy all over the internet and in the papers. And the military would be yelling their heads off. The fact that they aren't says that the Taliban and Al-Q haven't killed anyone associated with the leaks.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I didn't say "nice straw." I said "nice straw man." As in straw man argument. Notice no comma between "straw" and "man" indicating that straw is an adjective modifying man and thus coupling the two together.

It was made in response your asinine statement that because I didn't condemn TSA's actions (despite that fact that I never even addressed it), I must somehow support it.

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. (from Wiki)

I neither strayed from the topic nor posted cryptically. Any reading comprehension skills or inability to detect sarcasm falls on you. ;)

I did, however, make a leap of faith in connecting two seemingly unrelated stories
    by drawing on the known dislike of the government by the OP and using his own opinions on the Wikileaks circumstances as it relates to the government to reassure him that the evil government he so reviles will soon be shamed into behaving properly by having its dirty laundry aired by a foreigner. And thus this brouhaha over TSA's breach of rights will soon be at an end.

You just contradicted yourself you know?

And in regards to my "Straw man" approach, you're using it incorrectly, that's why I didn't recognize it. You see.... you're actually the one using a straw man approach to this topic.

This topic is about the TSA, Body scanning and potential body cavity searches, which is EXACTLY what I posted about while you driveled on about wikileaks in an attempt to demonize the OP.

**EDIT**
    removed a reply to a comment posted in this thread, I'll start a separate thread and maybe we can turn around this :hijack:

:rules::mods:
    Here's a thought for you, keep your wikileaks comments in wikileaks threads, stop projecting your emotions and tendencies on others and speak in complete thoughts.

Oh, and I'm not going to apologize for not being able to hear the tone of your voice through the internet. Any failures to communicate your thoughts clearly are on you.

Last edited:

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I think Archie Bunker had it right (see youtube..archie bunker's opinion on guns). In regards to commercial flights Mr. Bunker has the following solution.. Issue every passenger and employee a gun upon entering the aircraft and pick them up as they exit the aircraft. Problem Solved. Yes. this should be in purple. LOLOLOLOL

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think Archie Bunker had it right (see youtube..archie bunker's opinion on guns). In regards to commercial flights Mr. Bunker has the following solution.. Issue every passenger and employee a gun upon entering the aircraft and pick them up as they exit the aircraft. Problem Solved. Yes. this should be in purple. LOLOLOLOL
    Hmmm...I don't think it should be in purple, but I don't think the airlines should issue them, either. You should always bring your own firearm, one that you're familiar with. Maybe they could hand out frangible ammo, tho.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

...so now were going to start worrying about Afghani bodycount???

we could have saved a lot more Afghani lives by pulling out---years ago...

Top Bottom