• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Tucson, AZ, is under some sort of martial law right now. Mayor Rothschild and the city council have declared an undefined "emergency" and granted civilian authority to the U.S. military.

Tucson’s Mayor and Council declare emergency and abdicate responsibility to Air Force | Occupied Tucson Citizen
    The use of the term “emergency” is particularly despicable! In this case, it is not even stated what constitutes the so-called “emergency”, but is obviously being used to get around the fact that it was passed in great haste and secrecy, so as not to alert citizens of how they are being shafted!
    Resolution No. 22006

Council Meeting Minutes - Feb. 20, 2013

Last edited:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'm sorry, for a 44 year old college senior my reading comprehension seems to be a little low. Where does it say that the city is giving up responsibility? The way I read it, this is just a "we support you" resolution saying that the city believes the base commander will do his best to balance the needs of the Air Force with the needs of the city that they are in.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    The way I read this, and I am just some doofus from hillbillyville IN, is
    some sort of proclamation, that should have been opened up to public debate,
    that allows the local AFB to do as they please without the need for permission
    from local authorities, or government.

Whew, what a sentence.

No sir, I do not like it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Seems like they're giving a blank check to the air force, and the emergency declaration was just to speed its passage.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Tucson has been under "martial law" since February 20, and no one has noticed?

Yeah, I'm gonna need an actual reliable source. Sounds like hyperventilating to me.

USAFVet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indy
    Now way for DM to facilitate martial law unless its with A-10's or Pararescue. I'll ask a few friends there if they have a clue about this.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Well it does say "an emergency is hereby declared to exist". Wonder what it means?

Alex Jones does come up with some pretty far fetched conspiracies but then again he was the first to widely publish the Fast and Furious BATFE peccadillo.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom