• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Its fine for glocks, I believe it is the same maker of Wolf ammo. Its dirty like wolf but I have heard of some under powered rounds. I have shot plenty of wolf in my glocks and would not hesitate to shoot this also.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was told by a gunsmith that the steel casings are a lot rougher on your ejector than brass or aluminum. I have a S&W Sigma 40 and I used to use it all of the time until he told me that. Now I pay the extra 2 bucks.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Why wouldnt you spend the few extra bucks for reloadable cases and an American made product? I am curious.

I don't reload and don't know any one who does. As to the American made product, when it competes with other products I will give it a shot. I mostly buy wwb wally world target ammo but if there is a better deal on something else I will get that.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I was told by a gunsmith that the steel casings are a lot rougher on your ejector than brass or aluminum. I have a S&W Sigma 40 and I used to use it all of the time until he told me that. Now I pay the extra 2 bucks.

Eh I have been told that also but you would literally have to shoot a ton of that type of ammo for it to effect it that badly.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have put many many rounds of the .40 cal ammo you are talking about through my Glocks and KelTec sub2K. I have not had any issues. It is a little dirtier and smells kind of funny, but has been 100% reliable for me.

Kbowers9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Salem
    I haven't shot this ammo through my glock 22 yet. I would buy the better stuff for a few extra bucks. I do however have a friend who also caught onto this cheaper tula ammo at wally world. He has fired several boxes through his rock island 9mm and the only thing he has noticed is just how dirty the ammunition is. This ammo does smell funny and I wouldn't suggest firing this ammo frequently, but I do plan to get some in .40 for some plinking on the weekends.

jbrittin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    I've shot about 500 rounds of 9MM through my glock 26, with no problems. IMO it's good cheap practice ammo.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Heard that about damaging ejectors as well. Something about the casing being heavier than brass.....nothing of any substance just round table talk.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    gander mountain keeps running federal 40 for 11.99 which is cheaper than the tula i picked up 6 boxes when it was on sale

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Its not bad ammo other than being dirty but dirty centerfire is still cleaner than any rimfire I have shot.As far as people saying buy American,thats cool but when it comes to buying American I focus on high dollar items such as guns,tractors,and cars.Have never bought a foreign car new or used and plan to keep it that way.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    I have seen Wally World is carrying the Tula Ammo. It is a couple of bucks cheaper than Federal. Who shoots this stuff and would it be ok for Glocks?:dunno:
    Not sure if I am breaking any rules by posting this. I had previously used Wolf 9mm ammo firing over 1,000 rounds thru my Glock, without a problem. Last year, I purchased 2,000 rounds of what was advertised as Wolf 9mm ammo from ******, when I received the ammo, the outside box said Tula Ammo. I opened the box and found individually wrapped 50 round boxes marked Tula. I thought ****** had sent me the wrong ammo. To my surprise, when I opened the individual boxes, the headstamps read: Wolf 9mm.
    I am relating this incident to caution you about Tula's quality control. *****, had his Glock 19, blown apart using the 9mm Tula/Wolf Ammo. When he was firing his Glock, the magazine blew out & apart, along with various parts of the gun (trigger assembly, etc). He had to have the frame replaced. Luckily, ****** was not hurt. To there credit, Wolf paid for the repairs. Needless to say, I returned the unfired ammo back to ******. After explaining what happened, ******* allowed me to exchange the ammo for American ammo. I no longer shoot Wolf/Tula thru my Glocks.
    Just so you know, I am not knocking Wolf ammo, I have used 7.62x39 Wolf ammo extensively in my SKS, just relating an experience. You make up your own mind about using it.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Not sure if I am breaking any rules by posting this. I had previously used Wolf 9mm ammo firing over 1,000 rounds thru my Glock, without a problem. Last year, I purchased 2,000 rounds of what was advertised as Wolf 9mm ammo from ******, when I received the ammo, the outside box said Tula Ammo. I opened the box and found individually wrapped 50 round boxes marked Tula. I thought ****** had sent me the wrong ammo. To my surprise, when I opened the individual boxes, the headstamps read: Wolf 9mm.
    I am relating this incident to caution you about Tula's quality control. *****, had his Glock 19, blown apart using the 9mm Tula/Wolf Ammo. When he was firing his Glock, the magazine blew out & apart, along with various parts of the gun (trigger assembly, etc). He had to have the frame replaced. Luckily, ****** was not hurt. To there credit, Wolf paid for the repairs. Needless to say, I returned the unfired ammo back to ******. After explaining what happened, ******* allowed me to exchange the ammo for American ammo. I no longer shoot Wolf/Tula thru my Glocks.
    Just so you know, I am not knocking Wolf ammo, I have used 7.62x39 Wolf ammo extensively in my SKS, just relating an experience. You make up your own mind about using it.

This is not just restricted to Tula/Wolf ammo though, I would agree that such a situation would make me angry also. I would be weary of using the ammo again but in all reality this can happen with any type of ammunition. It just take one mess up at the factory to cause this. I think the argument comes down to damaged extractors and really I don't think wolf/tula will damage the extractors. The steel is pretty soft and in my experience is a little underpowered but never damaged any of my extractors.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Its not bad ammo other than being dirty but dirty centerfire is still cleaner than any rimfire I have shot.As far as people saying buy American,thats cool but when it comes to buying American I focus on high dollar items such as guns,tractors,and cars.Have never bought a foreign car new or used and plan to keep it that way.

You should probably take a look at your "American" car it is more than likely made with parts made in another Country... Just my :twocents:...
    Oh yeah an sorry for the thread jack!

Cameron666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Not that great

After firing approx 100 rounds I started getting jams roughly once for every 10 rounds fired. I would only go with this ammo in the future if it was seriously on sale.

Top Bottom