• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Am I the only one who thinks that the use of twitter by the President and other "Adults" of the govt is extremely childish?

From conservatives and liberals. Whenever I hear "the President twitted" or whoever else, It kind of makes me mad. It just seems like they have better things to be doing then twitting. Grow Up!

I actually HATE the word twit.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's an avenue of communication, just like a forum, email, FaceBook or anything else.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hey OP

8ffed922.jpg

FYI...it's tweeting not twitting.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    I don't mind people using Twitter at all. My issue comes when a 'reporter' or 'journalist' uses a Tweet in a story or piece. You are the clown shoes of your profession if you quote a tweet on a news station.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Then, what is one who engages in tweeting on twitter to be called? Tweeter or tweeterer? What is the past tense of tweeting? These are the kinds of questions that keep me up at night...

I doubt the president has ever personally utilized this form of media. I am sure there is a tweet czar that is responsible for such things.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    I follow about a dozen different news agencies including Drudge, the CDC, Emergency Feeds and even Al Jazeera on Twitter. Honestly, I don't think I could stay as informed about world events without it. There are often times a news agency will "Tweet" about something before they post it on their website. It's a great communication tool.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Am I the only one who thinks that the use of twitter by the President and other "Adults" of the govt is extremely childish?

From conservatives and liberals. Whenever I hear "the President twitted" or whoever else, It kind of makes me mad. It just seems like they have better things to be doing then twitting. Grow Up!

I actually HATE the word twit.

Obama doesn't really tweet from his account he has people that send the stuff out for him for the most part.

I personally love Twitter. It's great as a newsfeed and a way to directly engage people you couldn't otherwise meet such as our politicians.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We live in an era of unprecedented access to our elected representatives. We have the ability to share information locally or globally, and receive responses from complete strangers in seconds. And you're complaining about the name. :scratch:

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I've never understood the point of twitter. Nobody cares that you just had the best breakfast of your life or you're meeting your girlfriends for appletini's. But I can also see where it can be useful for politicians and the like. Keeping people up to date on issues and where they stand or what not.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've never understood the point of twitter. Nobody cares that you just had the best breakfast of your life or you're meeting your girlfriends for appletini's. But I can also see where it can be useful for politicians and the like. Keeping people up to date on issues and where they stand or what not.

The real value in something like Twitter is the API. It's really easy to aggregate and find trends so you can see what people (as a group) are talking about. Is today's buzz about political unrest in Egypt or is it about Beyonce's questionable halftime show?

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN

That's what I used to think. But that's not really what it's about if you choose who you follow wisely.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Twitter is better if you focus on organizations and prominent figures. It is very easy to have useful information be lost if you try to listen to your friends...seriously dude, your bowel movements are not interesting:xmad:

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Am I the only one that hates when someone says "dont they have something better to be doing than tweeting"?

What is this thing that is so much better that they could do in the same time it takes them to type 140 characters?

Turn off a light?

Open a door and let the dog out?

Change the TV channel?

Smack the old ladies bottom?

I just dont see how too much good can be done in such a short amount of time.

Top Bottom