• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why do you say that? Multiple victims taken in a semi-public place screams "done it before" to me. I would be looking really hard at recently release sex offenders with any ties to the area.

Well....more bodies? More open unsolved cases of young girls murdered?

Like I said, possible, but not likely. Sure, there have been and will be serial killers, but they are a small fraction of the murderers out there.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There's a 14-year old missing from Kokomo for the last two weeks as well. I know I've read to many crime novels but . . . serial killer?

Possible, not likely.

Before today's press conference I would have agreed. Now not so much. I got the impression that they think this guy(s) maybe or are linked to other crimes. During the question and answer session one of the reporters asked the ISP Supt. if they thought the guy was linked to other murders, he quickly deflected as in before the guy finished asking to the the FBI Assistant agent in charge who answered it very specifically. These may not be his exact words but are close "You're asking if we have a serial murderer? We have no evidence at the moment to link this to any known homicide". I think that was either the last or next to last question they allowed.

Why do you say that? Multiple victims taken in a semi-public place screams "done it before" to me. I would be looking really hard at recently release sex offenders with any ties to the area.

See above.

There's an FBI Special Agent involved with the investigation. Is this normal? Or is this indicative of something more serious, perhaps a serial killer?

Not trying to speculate, it just stood out to me that the FBI was involved. I can't imagine they are involved in run of the mill murder cases.

I still think the FBI was involved to try to get info from the girls' phones, rather than anything related to the crime itself.

I would of believed that until I heard they had 20 agents on the ground every day except the 1st. And that his iirc Sec Chief was getting daily updates and the Dir of the FBI had been briefed twice... Along with what I posted above makes me think this wasn't a 1 time deal.

It really sounds like they have no idea who this guy is. I mean, if they do have an idea, they're being VERY disciplined about not letting on that they do.

I think it maybe both. May not know exactly but have an idea or perhaps several and are playing it very close to the vest.

they also played audio of the suspect's voice.
    The quality is low, but hopefully someone recognizes the voice.

The quality is a bit better on the online version.
    ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation
    Direct link to the clip.
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

I will content otherwise. The fact that we have to discuss this shows that parenting isn't "a given."

Police spokespersons are frequent to remind us to wear seat belts, don't drink and drive and lock up our guns. An appeal to parents to "be parents" and supervise their children would not be different than this. Especially considering that we have a multiple child murderer on the loose, maybe still in the neighborhood?

I hope that it's understood that I have the utmost respect for law enforcement? If not, please understand that I do! That said, with the information we have presently, couldn't we have had today's press conference days ago, while the trail was still fresh?

No parenting is not a given, but there are places I'd let my kids go at that age that would be considered remote and secluded by some. That area isn't really considered "remote and secluded" or at least not very by quite a few people in that area. From what I understand it's a relatively popular hangout spot for teens and a popular spot for senior year/wedding/etc. pictures. It's not like it sounds on the news, out in the middle of HNF. There is a road off to the side of where they were found and one of the girls lived a mile or so down it off to the side. Think of a rural, rustic, nice, park version of the Monon trail. Here is a link to the google map of the trail they were on.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...4ff753!8m2!3d40.5912507!4d-86.6813671!6m1!1e1

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Not sure if they think it's a serial killer, but something about the crime is not normal. The head of ISP seemed very shaken about the crime. Maybe it's the brutality, the weirdness, or maybe it is connected to other crimes. We will have to wait and see.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Police release audio in Indiana girls' death investigation | WSBT

Links to the audio in this story. I couldn't listen to it...I hope that this helps them catch this guy. That girl was pretty smart to have the phone recording what was happening, but it is so very sad to even try to think about what they experienced.

Anybody have a "what" was said? I can't really make it out and my brain may be making words that are not there. "darn" "damn" "down" "girl" ?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Anybody have a "what" was said? I can't really make it out and my brain may be making words that are not there. "darn" "damn" "down" "girl" ?
    ISP thinks its "Down the hill" - but I'm with you. I'm NOT sure that's what's being said.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, now when I apply that text I can hear the phrase, that's where the pattern recognition software in our brain takes over.

Maybe, but we don't know what kind of accent the guy has or the context. I'm willing to agree that he MIGHT be saying "down the hill" but upon first hearing - without any preconceived notion - I wasn't sure.

Sadly, I suspect ISP knows the context and didn't just come up with "down the hill." :(

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

I think if he was convicted before he would be in jail already. My feelings is they have combed all the DNA databases to make a match. I am pretty sure he left DNA behind and I am also pretty sure someone keeps DNA from all sex offenders.....maybe not, but I am assuming they do.

I really think they should release about 5 seconds of the video showing the individual(If they have it)....a lot can be learned about seeing the manner in which he walks, how he carries himself and such.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I think if he was convicted before he would be in jail already. My feelings is they have combed all the DNA databases to make a match. I am pretty sure he left DNA behind and I am also pretty sure someone keeps DNA from all sex offenders.....maybe not, but I am assuming they do.

I really think they should release about 5 seconds of the video showing the individual(If they have it)....a lot can be learned about seeing the manner in which he walks, how he carries himself and such.
    Why are you so sure they have a DNA sample? I know there is a certain assumption present in cases like this, but I'm not certain that is actually the case here. Plus, even if that is the case there are any good number of ways that there is no DNA sample.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    No parenting is not a given said:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wabash+%26+Erie+Canal/@40.5858162,-86.6880726,2681m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x2933ae7d164ff753!8m2!3d40.5912507!4d-86.6813671!6m1!1e1[/URL]

Are you sure this is the right map? I thought it was in this area? https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5925365,-86.6475808,326m/data=!3m1!1e3

Monon High Bridge...is an abandoned railway isn't it? I think this is the bridge they were on....and the cemetery is up stream from the bridge. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5905767,-86.6411016,686m/data=!3m1!1e3

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This makes me sick.
    the audio is like one of those ghost evp's. I wish theyd give more of the voice because you can't understand or recognize anything from that clip.
    Theres a reward. I honestly wouldn't take a cent if I could help catch this cowardly sick monstrous bastard. I hope the police kill this ****er.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not sure if they think it's a serial killer, but something about the crime is not normal. The head of ISP seemed very shaken about the crime. Maybe it's the brutality, the weirdness, or maybe it is connected to other crimes. We will have to wait and see.

I agree. He seemed very shaken, and he mentioned something along the lines of only being like this a couple of times in his life. And he didn't look like a young guy to me.

Is it normal to have 20 FBI agents working on the case?

I'm curious about that too. And I think that was 20 agents in town and surrounding areas but not sure. So the total could actually be more.

ISP thinks its "Down the hill" - but I'm with you. I'm NOT sure that's what's being said.

The mp3 version is a bit better, it's the one on the right on that link.

Maybe, but we don't know what kind of accent the guy has or the context. I'm willing to agree that he MIGHT be saying "down the hill" but upon first hearing - without any preconceived notion - I wasn't sure.

Sadly, I suspect ISP knows the context and didn't just come up with "down the hill." :(

I'm actually hearing "git down the hill", with possibly a "rural" Indiana accent or similar. And I'm guessing the context was telling them to get down the hill into the ravine/creek area where they were found. I think the picture was taken on a bridge 70ft or so up.

Why are you so sure they have a DNA sample? I know there is a certain assumption present in cases like this, but I'm not certain that is actually the case here. Plus, even if that is the case there are any good number of ways that there is no DNA sample.

I'm really hoping they have a good chunk of DNA from where one or both of the girls took a nice chunk out of him.

Are you sure this is the right map? I thought it was in this area? https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5925365,-86.6475808,326m/data=!3m1!1e3

Monon High Bridge...is an abandoned railway isn't it? I think this is the bridge they were on....and the cemetery is up stream from the bridge. https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5905767,-86.6411016,686m/data=!3m1!1e3

DOH, you are correct.

This makes me sick.
    the audio is like one of those ghost evp's. I wish theyd give more of the voice because you can't understand or recognize anything from that clip.
    Theres a reward. I honestly wouldn't take a cent if I could help catch this cowardly sick monstrous bastard. I hope the police kill this ****er.

I wish there was more audio also, but I'm sure there is a reason why there is not. Hopefully it's because they don't want to tip their hand. But in the taller narrower photo, on the left side there is something that could be a shoulder/elbow which would probably be one of the girls but maybe not. That may be why they are just releasing a couple of the still frames and not actual video. They don't want to release anything that would further hurt the parents. Once it's out there it's always out there and can pop up any time.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I want this guy to be caught and punished too....but things like confessions, evidence and trials help us know we got the right guy...which is pretty important.

A hail of gunfire, not so much.

5665ff546a530.image.jpg

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I want this guy to be caught and punished too....but things like confessions, evidence and trials help us know we got the right guy...which is pretty important.

A hail of gunfire, not so much.

5665ff546a530.image.jpg

Whats the likelihood of a non-cop blasting someone that turns out to not be the right guy? I bet more than the likelihood of the cops doing it just because.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Allegedly.

I see common sense has returned to INGO.

Past few days has been a sea of rumors. Remember when crazy Uncle Kirk says "let the police be the police"? Well, do that now. Rumor mills create an environment where well-meaning people want to "help" but only spread false information (saw this in person at the Tippecanoe County Courthouse bombing back in '98).

Carroll County's CLEO (Rob Ives) is a level-headed, experienced individual who is exactly who should be the HMFIC now and has the good sense to let the police do their thing.

Give money to the family. Pray for healing.

Top Bottom