• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Granted he is not a good guy and reality is he is a bit off between his ears by all accounts I have seen.

He does bare resemblance. But they will know. Or they should anyway.

My point is his resemblance is based on TWO layers of suspect sources... a sketch based on vague video evidence. That REALLY makes this a stretch. Now if we had relatively objective high res CCTV pictures to compare him against, I'd put more stock in this.

But for the sake of family closure, I hope this is the right direction. (but I wont hold my breath)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Curious for the LEO/lawyer types; in a situation like this where they are holding a person of interest, how long can they hold him to wait for DNA results and how fast can they be rushed through?

You can't hold someone waiting for evidence unless you already have PC even without the results.

I actually don't know how fast you can get something that high profile rushed through. I've always had to wait my turn in the backlog.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    a sketch based on vague video evidence.

The sketch wasn't based on the video from the phone. It was from a new lead. I don't think this suspect was involved in the 2 girls murders. I'm no expert, but I don't think that type of people who committed the
    heinous and brutal acts done to those girls is the same type of people that would run around exposing themselves in a Walmart parking lot. I hope I'm wrong and the families get closure.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    By my math 228 days ago two children who were by all accounts the best of friends were brutally murdered in a location that could be described as near a small town, but far away from anyone. Until that day most of the parents in that area thought nothing about letting children walk the isolated trail alone because it was safe.

I thought the sketch of the suspect had the eyes too far apart, until I saw the mugshots of the POI. I never heard of "felony menacing" before either or accounts of people being threatened with a hatchet in multiple states by the same individual.

The POI is a POS; period, dot, end of statement. Sure he has Constitutional rights and gets to exercise them a lot more often than most (4th, 5th, 6th, you get what I'm saying.) I don't want this POS to go to prison for murder if he's not the murderer, but I really want the murderer to go to prison and never set foot outside of prison again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INPOLICE/bulletins/1baf6dd

...Of the many tips being actively investigated, one tip was referred to the Indiana State Police about a person arrested in El Paso County, Colorado. This person, identified as Daniel Nations, was initially arrested by Colorado law enforcement on Sept. 25th and was later referred to ISP on Sept. 29th for follow-up as a potential suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation.

As earlier stated, each and every tip is thoroughly investigated, as was this tip, which resulted in two ISP detectives traveling to El Paso County, Colorado to comprehensively evaluate the circumstances of this tip. While the Indiana State Police does not, as a matter of practice, provide investigative information about specific tips, an exception has been made in this instance the result of numerous media inquiries made about this particular tip.

The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado. Mr. Nation does continue to be in custody of Colorado law enforcement personnel for local charges totally unrelated to the Delphi investigation. Media desiring more information about local Colorado charges should contact the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Media Relations Manager/PIO, Jacqueline Kirby, at cell number 719-323-8736, or by email at jacquelinekirby@elpasoco.com. It is important to note the Indiana State Police is very grateful for assistance rendered by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, "no information developed to specifically include or exclude" dude is troubling. Maybe it just means the DNA hasn't come back yet. Or, as mentioned upthread, there may be suspicion that some were involved who did not leave DNA behind.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, "no information developed to specifically include or exclude" dude is troubling. Maybe it just means the DNA hasn't come back yet. Or, as mentioned upthread, there may be suspicion that some were involved who did not leave DNA behind.

Maybe, maybe not. It's close to what they have said about just about everyone they have interviewed. We have nothing to link them to the crime, but were not ruling anyone out at the moment...

How long does it take to get the DNA back and see if it's a match? Per this article ISP got out there on Friday to interview him and collect evidence including a DNA swab, but they just got back yesterday so who knows. Did they turn over the swab while they were there to get it tested, or did they bring it back with them.
    Delphi investigators return; no link yet to Nations

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    with this being in my home town and knowing the family's of both girls, today is another hard day for the people around hwre.....hold your family close, you never know what might happen

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Christmas bump for those poor girls killer, may he be found and killed...
    I'll give this a :+1:, we were talking about it this evening at a family get together. Prayers for the families of the little girls, and may the scumbag rot in hell. Gone, but not forgotten.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Delphi Double Homicide Investigation Continues

...Earlier today members of the Liberty German family and Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter appeared on a live segment of the Megyn Kelly TODAY show to help keep the double homicide of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in the public eye. Late last year there was a similar appearance on the Dr. PHIL show.

Also, as part of the families’ efforts to develop investigative leads, information has been shared with numerous police agencies across the nation. One agency in Tennessee shared the information on their Facebook Site and added verbiage that stated “FBI has extended the search into south eastern Tennessee counties including Bledsoe”. In fact, this is a NATION WIDE search for the person or persons wanted for the murders of Abby and Libby. The Bledsoe County Sheriff’s Department has updated their Facebook site which now states, “To Clarify this suspect HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN BLEDSOE COUNTY or any other counties in Tn. It is a nationwide search.” ...

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I heard on the radio this morning that they are investigating a 'person of interest' that was picked up on a failure to register as a sex offender charge. Can't find link, will post once I find it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's on unrelated charges, though, right?

I mean, I thought they ruled him out as a "suspect."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't know if he was ruled out or not, but yes the extradition and initial were on his failure to register charges.

Media reported that he was ruled out as a suspect. Now that doesnt mean of course that they dont still suspect him but just dont have enough to stick yet. (whether by misleading the media, or the media filling in the blanks when they said "we're no longer interested in him" as they left CO)

I dont want to see an innocent man go to jail (even if he is a scumbag with a rap sheet) but I hope he's the guy for no other reason than he is the best option so far, and is at arms reach.

Top Bottom