0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    "We demand a speedy trial!"
    "We don't have enough time to prepare for trial."
    "We found an unfired bullet at the crime scene!"
    "The victims weren't shot."

Circle, meet Jerk.
    Seriously, the court (Judge?) needs to call both sides. Cards on the table, fellas. Put up or shut up. If we must wait until Oct. '24, so be it. But any delay(s) beyond that would really appear absurd, and that's saying something when it comes to this case.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "We demand a speedy trial!"
    "We don't have enough time to prepare for trial."
    "We found an unfired bullet at the crime scene!"
    "The victims weren't shot."

Circle, meet Jerk.
    Seriously, the court (Judge?) needs to call both sides. Cards on the table, fellas. Put up or shut up. If we must wait until Oct. '24, so be it. But any delay(s) beyond that would really appear absurd, and that's saying something when it comes to this case.
    The unfired cartridge, found between the bodies at the murder scene,....according to the state lab, came from Allen's gun which was found during a search of his house.....so that's not nothing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Haven't followed up on all this but I thought that the science behind the extractor marks was weak at best?
    Maybe, maybe not. I know 2 attorneys who have talked about that...and their podcast sycophants. In some cases it is very strong, in others, no so much. Generally, it is quite strong to identify the type and even model of gun. Sometimes it is strong in identifying the specific gun and certainly excluding a specific gun. I don't know how clear the evidence is in this case- no one outside the case does no matter what they say.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I would like to know if they found ammo with the gun, and if so, was it the same as the unfired round from the scene or not.

Yes they took ammo from his house including something like a single round in a keepsake box. IIRC some of the ammo was of the same brand, some not but none of it was anything out of the ordinary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I struggle to accept someone's interpretation of microscopic extractor marks being definintive proof of anything. I tried to research this "science" specifically, but it gets conflated with barrel marks, etc. With that in mind, I have addtional concerns with this case using this "science" given the half-decade between round recovery and testing. Did they test other guns? Other rounds? Was there 5 years between testings? Honestly, the answer could be yes. I don't really know 'cause that kinda info isn't yet public. I hope the prosecution has other evidence beyond proximity and the magic bullet at a non-bullet murder. Certainly there must be more evidence, right?

The orginal charges weren't typical. They conveyed the accused person's involvement in murder. The initial charges have been bolstered with additional murder while kidnapping or attempting to kidnap charges. Weirdly, the judge denied adding kidnapping charges, though. So he's charged with doing something while doing or attempting to do something he isn't charged with?

Investiators didn't get around to sniffing the guy in the video for 5 years because of a clerical error. The prosecution seeks to disallow the stated defense. The defense seeks to disallow the judge. The judge sought to remove the defense, without record, her actions corrected by a superior court. We're a year and half in and still almost 6 months from the trial (if it happens??). Incredibilis!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Remember Carroll County closes at noon on Wednesday.

If close on Wednesday . . . 5 weeks including jury selection.

If not close on Wednesday, 4 weeks.

I do not see how Carroll County will afford this. They have bounced bond checks to me.
    WOW!!!

You may want to consider having that framed and mounted on your office wall, may come in handy as evidenced in the future. Or not, just a thought.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom