• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Because that's the first thing people would ask if it wasn't.

If they would have had to cap a raging Yorkie or Chihuahua, the story wouldn't make as much sense.

And how come we don't hear or read of stories about "rampaging labs?"

"the officer stated that the chocolate lab was attempting to lick his face off when he felt the need to discharge his weapon" "you know those tails could really hurt you, have you seen how fast those things can move when you look like you might want to pet them"

I do believe that the owner definitely is the root of all dog problems, however...why are so called "pit bulls" so often the dogs you hear about?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion

"the officer stated that the chocolate lab was attempting to lick his face off when he felt the need to discharge his weapon" "you know those tails could really hurt you, have you seen how fast those things can move when you look like you might want to pet them"

I do believe that the owner definitely is the root of all dog problems, however...why are so called "pit bulls" so often the dogs you hear about?

Because they are loyal to the death and will do anything to make their owner happy including becoming a vicious fight machine, a lot of other breeds do not have that dedication to an owner that they will take CONSTANT and HORRENDOUS abuse and still have a will to live or make their owner happy.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

That's why.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    took me 7 tries to pick the pitbull. I've always heard they're great dogs when raised properly. Unfortunately, they've become the favorite breed of thugs.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    There was a good article, I think in newsweek a week or two ago. It indicated the infamous "pit bull" actually scores better on temperment testing than many other common and less associated breeds. Testing is from the national dog and breeding society (or some similar organization) that performs regular testing of K-9 temperment. I will see if I can dig the article out, bcause it was a great educational article for all of those who lump in every terrier that has been mistreated into this categorical nightmare.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    among other things i work in a veterinary office,
    i will tell you 95% of the pitts we see are sweethearts , biggest babies in the world , i would let my 3yr play with them and have many times

on the other hand , ive nearly lost fingers to Akita's, Schnauzers, and even a dachshund among other breeds,

i hate to see pitts get the bad rap, yes when (if) they do bite they can do serious damage, but honestly i trust them much more than others

i will say too if you come up on them acting scared and jumpy , they will reciprocate and act agitated and jumpy, just like you sweet little fru-fru dog will do too

Top Bottom