• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomCubed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    One) I've applied for my LTCH and plan on CC, but I also want the option to OC; What sort of holster should I be looking for? (I have a Sig p229)

Two) When am I going to get my LTCH? I applied on the 26 of Jan.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    1). If you plan on OC'ing, I think most here would recommend some sort of retention holster. I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster.

2). How did you apply? Did you get to use L1 or did you do it with ink? With L1, I think most people get there LTCH in a few weeks. With ink, mine took about 2 months.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    For question number one i cannot answer. Your second question I can!. Depending on how you applied for your LTCH, you should recieve it in anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I got mine a month ago and it took 15 days.

LoneWolf2554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    NWI
    One) I've applied for my LTCH and plan on CC, but I also want the option to OC; What sort of holster should I be looking for? (I a Sig p229)

I applied around the same time as you did, still don't have mine as well. After the 3rd week of waiting it's been kind of annoying. I mean it took around 45 seconds to get cleared to buy my Glock :coffee:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    One) I've applied for my LTCH and plan on CC, but I also want the option to OC; What sort of holster should I be looking for? (I have a Sig p229)

One, I also recommend a retention holster, and Serpa makes a good one. So there's a second vote for that.

I applied around the same time as you did, still don't have mine as well. After the 3rd week of waiting it's been kind of annoying. I mean it took around 45 seconds to get cleared to buy my Glock :coffee:

Seriously, I've purchase 2 guns in the past year and the phone check takes no time at all.

The difference between buying a gun and getting the LTCH is people.

GS: Fill out the form, followed by a phone call, out the door you go.

LTCH: Fill out paperwork, get printed (L1 being faster, usually 6-8 weeks, Inked can be up to month 3 last I heard), that then gets send to the state who puts it in their records, sent to FBI for back round check, back to the state, who then prints up the letter and possibly LTCH, back to you. The difference is the amount of people who have to touch the paperwork and get around to it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I would use two separate holsters for OC (Quality OWB) and CC (Hybrid IWB) myself. Personally I use two different guns.

Kimber Ultra Carry in a Galco SuperTuk (CC) and a Taurus PT92 in a Raven Kydex (OC).

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've bought several holsters from Lobo Leather...Quality and pricing is second to none. Can't stand Kydex holsters myself. To each his own.

I carried a Sig 229 for a couple years in a McDaniell II holster...finally changed to an IWB holster with snaps in front and behind the gun...that is a MUCH better setup. Get a holster that doesn't affix to your belt right next to the firearm, that just adds width to the setup. The Sig229 is a great gun...kinda miss mine.

Top Bottom