Typo? Or am I missing something.. 500 rnds .45 for $43.87?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I'm not expecting to actually receive a case, but I also don't expect them to send a single box when the order was for a case.

If they try to bill my card for more then the stated amount, well, there will be issues.

fbongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    I just ordered some too. I ordered 2 500rd cases of the Winchester Ranger, and 1 200rd case of the Hornady.

I figure, if it's a typo I just have them refund my money. The thing that caught my eye is that the original price is set at $438, but underneath that it says "sale price: $43." It's definitely not a typo on the round count, because they have a regular 50 listing too, and this one is listed as the bulk case. So I guess it's worth a shot... or 500 to be exact :):

I almost did the same but can't believe they wont be wise to this, or willing to lose that kind of money to save a customer(s).

Terms and Conditions

All customers must agree to Ammunition Depot statements and terms of sale before order is placed. All orders are subject to review and approval by Amdep Holdings, LLC.

willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    Here is a good clue strait from the website
    Speer Lawman .357 Sig 125 Grain TMJ 54232 Ammunition - b - 1,000 Round Case

Speer® brought sport shooters and law enforcement the excellence of Lawman® over 35 years ago with a reputation as a high-performance and reliable product. Today, the evolution of the Speer ammunition lines differentiates the ammunition by use. Lawman encompasses all our brass-case, general purpose ammunition. Bullets are either Speer TMJ® or conventional full metal jacket depending on the product. There are times you don’t need a hollow point bullet, like when target shooting, training, or out for an afternoon of plinking. Lawman is right at home and is attractively priced, and the cases are reloadable.

JR Jan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Indy
    jump.ammunitiondepot.com

Notice that the URL starts with 'jump'. The regular ammunition depot URL does not have 'jump' at the beginning. I too was excited to see the 'to good to be true' prices. I was concerned that it may be an imposter website. So I called ammunition depot to verify. They said it was a test web page. Yep too good to be true!

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I ordered last night and have not received any emails or calls. They have not billed my credit card yet either. I'm expecting I'll get a phone call or email soon though. I'll let you guys know what happens. If 500 rnds show up at my door for less then $50.......:ar15::ar15::ar15:

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I would say their out is the min order of 10 , those of you that only ordered one didn't meet the min order so they will just cancel it.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Paying almost $1.00 per round for 45 is not as high as it is going for some places, and not all that much more expensive than Wal-Mart. When they have it, it is $41 for 50 rounds, I think.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Nothing charged to bank or processed whatsoever.

I was thinking the same thing about it maybe being fraud with jump.ammunitiondepot not being a TLD but I confirmed via whois, same owner/registrar as the main domain. I actually wouldn't mind receiving just a box if it's still the $43.80 quoted. Not quite as good as the 90% discount I was hoping for, but still, not bad at all for a defensive load. Paid just north of $40 per 100 the other day at Wally World, so hell yeah I'll take a box.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Sad thing is, Im sure someone is strongarming them on this "deal"
    Some ammo flipper will probably end up suing them.
    For what? A mistake. It's an urban legend that retailers must honor a price put out as an error. Then can simply say that the price was a mistake and they will not be processing orders at the mistaken price. Go ahead and sue them. We'll see how it works out.

Top Bottom