• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I wanted to start a Constitutional thread in response to all of these bills and laws which are not authorized under the U.S. Constitution.

Furthermore, as a military veteran - I would like to know where in the Constitution VA benefits are. I was looking and I believe it is in Section 8, but perhaps some political science majors can correct me :)

It seems that our great country has lost sight on the fact that our laws - as well as our treasury - must conform to the Constitution :patriot: The Federal government can only make laws which the Constitution allows.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm afraid that battle is already lost. We're just fighting a rearguard action to slow the progress. Only the Libertarian Party wants to hold to the Constitution, and their philosophy is too rigorous for the masses. We have five Justices on the Court who don't even acknowledge that the Constitution must be followed as written. We haven't had a whole Court believe that for a hundred years.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I'm afraid that battle is already lost. We're just fighting a rearguard action to slow the progress. Only the Libertarian Party wants to hold to the Constitution, and their philosophy is too rigorous for the masses. We have five Justices on the Court who don't even acknowledge that the Constitution must be followed as written. We haven't had a whole Court believe that for a hundred years.

Well, I believe that the States are starting to let the feds know who is boss. Without the Constitution - the feds do not hold any lawful power over the States. Maybe one day when many more States like Montana and Texas become totally self sufficient - we can make them follow the law :patriot:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    What federal law??? I mean doesn't the Constitution state that the federal government can ONLY enforce the laws SPECIFICALLY spelled out in the Constitution?

INGunGuy

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY :yesway: The 10th Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I wanted to start a Constitutional thread in response to all of these bills and laws which are not authorized under the U.S. Constitution....

It might be easier to start one for the bills and laws that are so authorized. Your above-stated original intent will take little time to triple the size of the "Funny pic thread".

Blessings,
    Bill

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have had many debates about the actual status of our Constitution. Some would say its suspended and we are actually living under a low profile marshall law, maybe this is a better post for "What is your favorite Conspiracy Theory?".

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, I believe that the States are starting to let the feds know who is boss. Without the Constitution - the feds do not hold any lawful power over the States. Maybe one day when many more States like Montana and Texas become totally self sufficient - we can make them follow the law :patriot:

I don't have much to say that hasn't already hasn't been said, but this makes me very hopeful.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    ...and won't vote to punish or curtail themselves anytime soon.

The only reason the States are united is because of the Constitution. Basically that is why the States have been doing what they are doing - and I believe the States can - and will restore our Constitution :patriot:

Top Bottom