U.S. House passes war pact with Israel (H.R. 4133)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    Probably because we cant afford to.

I mean there are poor people who need to eat, you going to rack up your credit card to feed them? Imo we need to get our own financial business in order before we keep sending money we dont have elsewhere, no matter where it goes.

The Administration eats fine every day, Michelle tells us so! The problem with your statement is you used the royal WE, when you were only talking about the second class of people here in America, the citizens. The Administration hasn't deemed the citizens needy enough to give us our own money back so we can eat.
    And to define my terms
    the royal WE- All Americans
    the administration- the political power, both parties and their masters
    we, the people- the second class, the producers, the tax payers
    and the third class- those that are on the government teat.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Administration eats fine every day, Michelle tells us so! The problem with your statement is you used the royal WE, when you were only talking about the second class of people here in America, the citizens. The Administration hasn't deemed the citizens needy enough to give us our own money back so we can eat.
    And to define my terms
    the royal WE- All Americans
    the administration- the political power, both parties and their masters
    we, the people- the second class, the producers, the tax payers
    and the third class- those that are on the government teat.

I'm curious. Where do you classify those of us living on military retirement?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Jeremiah Wright and Louis Farrakhan says Jews are pigs and apes, so what does either statement prove (except that bigots come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and religions.

As far as Jeremiah goes as a christian one of his duties is to defend Israel. His opinions may indicate he is not a "true" christian.

BIBLICAL REASONS FOR CHRISTIAN SUPPORT OF ISRAEL

As far as old Louis goes... well the descendants (religion wise) of the sons of Abraham have been at each other for a long long time now and I personally don't like getting in the middle of family squabbles. There is a reason that domestics are one of the more dangerous calls for leos to go to.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As far as Jeremiah goes as a christian one of his duties is to defend Israel. His opinions may indicate he is not a "true" christian.

BIBLICAL REASONS FOR CHRISTIAN SUPPORT OF ISRAEL

As far as old Louis goes... well the descendants (religion wise) of the sons of Abraham have been at each other for a long long time now and I personally don't like getting in the middle of family squabbles. There is a reason that domestics are one of the more dangerous calls for leos to go to.

I guess I have to ask this. If four or five of your neighbors decided to slaughter another neighbor and his family because they hated him and wanted his property, and if you had the means to help him survive and protect his property, would you do so or would you stand by, let it happen and say 'it's none of my business'?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I guess I have to ask this. If four or five of your neighbors decided to slaughter another neighbor and his family because they hated him and wanted his property, and if you had the means to help him survive and protect his property, would you do so or would you stand by, let it happen and say 'it's none of my business'?

I would have to clarify this scenario to make it a little more appropriate.

It would be two neighbors. Each of who claims to be descendants of the same father. Brothers if you will. They are in a domestic situation which is threatening to engulf the entire neighborhood.

So would the wise course of action be to just "pick a side" and help one fight the other?

Personally I would say I would stay out of it until their "battle" crossed my property lines (like stray bullets) at which point I would respond as necessary to protect myself and my family.

Of course we are not talking about neighbors we are talking about neighboring countries who have been at each other's throats for a very long time. Personally I think BOTH the muslims and the jews need to "let it go". Which I might add is the advice that is usually made whenever someone complains about what happened to the "blacks", native americans, Irish, and whoever else was "wronged" by another at some point in history. Just tell them to let it go and if they can't let them kill each other off and let us defend our own borders.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

It would be two neighbors. Each of who claims to be descendants of the same father. Brothers if you will. They are in a domestic situation which is threatening to engulf the entire neighborhood.

So would the wise course of action be to just "pick a side" and help one fight the other?

Personally I would say I would stay out of it until their "battle" crossed my property lines (like stray bullets) at which point I would respond as necessary to protect myself and my family.

Of course we are not talking about neighbors we are talking about neighboring countries who have been at each other's throats for a very long time. Personally I think BOTH the muslims and the jews need to "let it go". Which I might add is the advice that is usually made whenever someone complains about what happened to the "blacks", native americans, Irish, and whoever else was "wronged" by another at some point in history. Just tell them to let it go and if they can't let them kill each other off and let us defend our own borders.

It's like Israel are the McCoys, the rest Hatfields and we're Perry Cline up in the middle of it stirring it up.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    those ones i've talked to have expressed it as a race......

i dunno......... could be both

jake

It's definitely a fuzzy line, since there are secular jews.

When Israel started to use Israeli and Jew interchangably, and even granted Israeli citizenship on the basis of being Jewish, things got a little dicey.

Then they took over a bunch of Arab land, so now you have arabs born in Israel.

I dunno. I guess it's one of those thins that you know it when you see it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I don't know if you've paid much attention to the situation between the Islamics and the Jews, but except for Egypt under Hosni Mubarek, NONE of Israel's neighbors have acknowledged the Israelis' right to exist. Despite 30 years of peace talks under which Israel has given up about 80% of the land it won by conquest (after being attacked first) and has been willing to make tremendous concessions to the Palestinians, the Islamics have time and again refused to make peace. This goes 'way beyond 'squabbling family'. So I go back to my original comment: should we support the only truly democratic government in the Middle East, or should we suck up to the rest of the governments who hate us and our way of life?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Will WWIII solve anything long term? We'll have a big war and things will be exactly the same.

Tell me. Does 'deterrence' work? Let me answer. We never had WWIII in the 70s, not because the Soviets didn't have ambitions to take all of Europe, but because we and NATO were prepared to - and were perceived to be willing to - defend non-Soviet territory by force. The same is true of our being perceived to be willing to use all means to help Israel defend herself from outside attackers; it's only if we leave Israel swinging in the wind by herself that we need fear "WWIII".

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't know if you've paid much attention to the situation between the Islamics and the Jews, but except for Egypt under Hosni Mubarek, NONE of Israel's neighbors have acknowledged the Israelis' right to exist. Despite 30 years of peace talks under which Israel has given up about 80% of the land it won by conquest (after being attacked first) and has been willing to make tremendous concessions to the Palestinians, the Islamics have time and again refused to make peace. This goes 'way beyond 'squabbling family'. So I go back to my original comment: should we support the only truly democratic government in the Middle East, or should we suck up to the rest of the governments who hate us and our way of life?

I think one could legitimately argue that our alliance with Israel has done more to harm them than help them. They're more than capable of handling their business yet we handcuff them at every turn.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think one could legitimately argue that our alliance with Israel has done more to harm them than help them. They're more than capable of handling their business yet we handcuff them at every turn.

Mostly because they'd starve without foreign aide. They have to play nice with us, so the money keeps rolling in. They'd be COMPLETELY hosed without our money.

They know it, we know it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

You have a point, but our alliance has largely prevented major confrontations since 1973; especially since after the Israelis severed their alliance with the Soviets, the Sovs switched to arming all the Israeli enemies surrounding them; a practice which continues to this day (with the exception of Egypt, but that will probably resume now that Egypt is apparently rejoining the rest of the region in opposition to Israel).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Israel is a manipulative mother-in-law that controls what goes on in our house and also expects that we pay her mortgage.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Israel is a manipulative mother-in-law that controls what goes on in our house and also expects that we pay her mortgage.

You're so full of BS you squish. The only "evidence" you can produce to "prove" that assumption is videos from anti-semites who are convinced the Jews are running the world through the banks. They aren't any more convincing than you are.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You're so full of BS you squish. The only "evidence" you can produce to "prove" that assumption is videos from anti-semites who are convinced the Jews are running the world through the banks. They aren't any more convincing than you are.

Lobbyists for the Israeli government wrote this bill.

Top Bottom