• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not unusual at all. Even during peacetime Ft. Riley had a 250 mile radius when I was stationed there. If you wanted to travel further than that you needed a mileage pass from your command. Every post will be different, with rapid deployment units having a smaller radius than heavy mech units.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Not being in the military, I did not know. My son is in the Army Reserve (served a year in Iraq and is back now), and he has not received the order.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Neg....We have a 96 this weekend and as far as i've heard we have had no recalls and no intent to do so. I am part of a USMC Infantry battalion so we'd be the last to know and the first to be recalled.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I'm in the guard but also in a job that would be on the important list, haven't heard any thing. 50 miles is pretty tight compared to the normal local area restrictions that I saw on active duty.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw some strange stuff while AD concerning travel distance, putting units on stand-by, people getting recalled from leave/leave canceled, etc. Mostly was due to a commander being all about "leaning forward". "Leaning forward" is of course the first step in "falling on your face".

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Back in ancient history when I was in the Corps at San Diego, during the week was 50 miles, weekend was 150 miles, and on a 72 hour, well that one I don't remember, but I used to fly to Phoenix which was over 300 and stay with an Aunt and Uncle. That was in '67.

Top Bottom