• ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    U.S. official: More than two dozen U.S. deaths in Afghan copter crash

31 Special Ops soldiers perish!

Does anyone really think we will win this war?

It took Soviets 10 plus years of heavy casualties and economic drainage to realize how impossible it is to occupy and control God forsaken Afghanistan. Are we to follow Soviets footsteps? Have we not learned anything?

U.S. official: More than two dozen U.S. deaths in Afghan copter crash - CNN.com

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    U.S. official: More than two dozen U.S. deaths in Afghan copter crash

31 Special Ops soldiers perish!

Does anyone really think we will win this war?

It took Soviets 10 plus years of heavy casualties and economic drainage to realize how impossible it is to occupy and control God forsaken Afghanistan. Are we to follow Soviets footsteps? Have we not learned anything?

U.S. official: More than two dozen U.S. deaths in Afghan copter crash - CNN.com

Ahh bro , it is a Holy War, 100's & 100's of years older than our U.S.A.

JMO ..

~TK

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rip to the soldiers and families. I have a friend that's Spec Ops over there, and I'm praying that he was not among those that passed. He hails from Delphi.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    From what I read, Seal Team 6 was in that bird. This is the team that took out Bin Laden.

Taliban is taking responsibility for bringing down the copter.

Unbelievable co-incidence!

Unless... seal team six DIDNT kill Osama, and didnt dump him in the ocean, and this is a coverup. :rockwoot::popcorn:

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Just sounding off.....but this news makes me sick. It's so devastating to lose these, some of our absolute best warriors. The best of the best now gone. I just don't understand how the Taliban (who claimed responsibility) could've had the capabilities to execute this action.

RIP to all of them and may God continue to bless them. Sincere condolences to their families, friends and military buddies.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Just sounding off.....but this news makes me sick. It's so devastating to lose these, some of our absolute best warriors. The best of the best now gone. I just don't understand how the Taliban (who claimed responsibility) could've had the capabilities to execute this action.

RIP to all of them and may God continue to bless them. Sincere condolences to their families, friends and military buddies.

It is very possible look at Takur Ghar during Operation Anaconda. They took out 2 Chinooks, they lost a SEAL and then 7 other SOF troops

Last edited:

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    @Cwood ~ I know you're right.....I just hate that this happened, it's such a loss. I know they're already regrouping and are moving forward, as always. I'm only a civilian and have no true concept of what our military men/women do in the trenches - I only hear what's reported on the news. All I know is that their bravery & dedication is something that leaves me in always in awe.

God speed to all of those who have fallen and those who still continue to train and fight the fight.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That really sucks. Prayers for their friends and families. Such a waste of our young heroes.

I just read another story on this and thought about it more. There is no way that this was a coincidence. One of our "friends" had to have sold out these guys to the Taliban. There are a bunch of people that need to be punished severely for this. You can not allow something like this to happen without severe repercussions or we will lose face.

Last edited:

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Heavy loss to Spec Ops....

So... it has been steaming the news that a Chinook went down with 22 members of Seal Team 6.... the same guys that put hot ones in Osama Bin Laden. If this is indeed confirmed this is a heavy hit to SOCOM, and I wish their families the best in the hard times ahead. On a side note.... could this just be a *cover up* to keep the teams families safe?? There have been reports that the operators from ST6 were concerned that things would be leaked out and their families would be in danger. Curious? Regardless, if it does pan out to be fact.... Flag will go to half mast tomorrow morning. RIP ST6.

http://kitup.military.com/2011/08/st6-loses-nearly-10-percent-in-afghan-crash.html

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    So... it has been steaming the news that a Chinook went down with 22 members of Seal Team 6.... the same guys that put hot ones in Osama Bin Laden. If this is indeed confirmed this is a heavy hit to SOCOM, and I wish their families the best in the hard times ahead. On a side note.... could this just be a *cover up* to keep the teams families safe?? There have been reports that the operators from ST6 were concerned that things would be leaked out and their families would be in danger. Curious? Regardless, if it does pan out to be fact.... Flag will go to half mast tomorrow morning. RIP ST6.

http://kitup.military.com/2011/08/st6-loses-nearly-10-percent-in-afghan-crash.html

Does anyone else think something is not right here? I mean, this news strikes me as odd. I don't believe in conspiracy theory nor do I play into it, but this is just odd.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    This is nothing more than a tragic coincidence. Units like DEVGRU and CAG get sent after the worst people in the worst places. God bless them and their families.

Some of you need to loosen your tin foil.

Top Bottom