• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The War on Libya is going to be the model for the upcoming War on Syria.

Sen. Graham: Military intervention in Syria should be on the Table
    “It has gotten to the point where Gadhafi’s behavior and Assad’s behavior are indistinguishable,” Graham said, and noted “You need to put on the table all options, including a model like we have in Libya.”
    Graham: Now is the time to take action in Syria - CBS News
    "If you really care about protecting the Syrian people from slaughter, now is the time to let Assad know that all options are the table," he urged. "It has gotten to the point where Qaddafi's behavior and Assad's behavior are indistinguishable."
    For good measure, he also urged the President for an aggressive War on Pakistan.
    "We're on a collision course with Pakistan," Graham said. "If this doesn't change soon, I would urge the president to use more aggressive military force against safe havens in the Pakistan side of the border that they used to kill our troops and undermine progress in Afghanistan. This cannot sustain itself."

Is there anyone left who thinks U.S. foreign policy makes sense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxeB0Cz0LQw

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They told me if I voted for John McCain we'd have endless war all over the world . . . and they were right!:D (Yes, I know, I copied that).

The entire staff of MSNBC, Keith Olberman, Kirsten Powers, the faculty lounges of the English and History Departments of both Havard and Yale and everyone who is waiting for their free Obamacare.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Screw it...we might as well go down in flames I guess. Economy is failing, our representative republic is full of representatives who, well, who really don't represent anything but their own interests. So why not just make it official and declare WWIII and go out with a bang! (NOTE the purple text for heavy dose of sarcasm)

But seriously, at what point does somebody stop this madness - either the American Public or another Superpower? Either Congress needs to give the American public good justifications for "Military action" and declare a formal war and fight a formal war with these countries, or we get our noses out of everyone elses business and fix the mess we have here.

At some point somebody is going to call us on our actions in these countries, justifiable or not, and tell us to either stop or face involvement and escalation to a bigger conflict.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like things are bustin' loose all over, How is all this suposedly gonna be sustainable. Once you start down this path it's hard to get the whole shootin' match to to end. It's a perpetual motion machine by then. Meanwhile the PRC is sitting back and gearing up for the time when we got nothin' left.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like things are bustin' loose all over, How is all this suposedly gonna be sustainable. Once you start down this path it's hard to get the whole shootin' match to to end. It's a perpetual motion machine by then. Meanwhile the PRC is sitting back and gearing up for the time when we got nothin' left.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Graham is, and always has been, an idiot. Yes, the Syrian people are being slaughtered, disappeared and attacked by their own government, (a government we voluntarily renditioned prisoners from Gitmo to). Interesting thing about Syria is that the Syrian people do not want US intervention, like in Libya. Diplomatic pressure and other acts, yes, but they do not want US military intervention. Graham obviously hasn't been paying attention to the situation, if he thinks we'd be welcomed with open arms.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm sorry, I missed the part where I was supposed to give a rat's patootie about either the Libyans or the Syrians.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm sorry, I missed the part where I was supposed to give a rat's patootie about either the Libyans or the Syrians.

The U.S. Military is the official World Police Force. It is their job to quell domestic disputes and install puppet government that can be controlled.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The U.S. Military is the official World Police Force. It is their job to quell domestic disputes and install puppet government that can be controlled.
    Yeah and the problem is when we do that, eventually the puppet governments turn into a real boy and we gotta do a smack down on them too, hence the perpetual motion machine.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Recall Eisenhower's speech about the military-industrial complex.

Consider corporate interests' capture of the American government, sometimes gone far enough that industry groups are blatantly writing legislation. Arizona's SB 1070 is the clearest example.

Consider that people now profiting from the wars might wish to extract as much money as possible from the situation as quickly as possible, even if it accelerates an economic collapse.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Sure! Why not? Only let's not go under the stupid UN umbrella this time! Send in the Marines and kick the crap out of whoever we need to for regime change and then get the hell out! Oh yeah, don't forget to tell the Chinese that we need another couple hundred billion on our tab....

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    How we gonna feed this war machine when our dollar is only good for fertilizer? It seems more and more like the government is trying very hard to destroy itself.

While the world just eats :popcorn: popcorn watches American Idol and ignores all news besides childrens murder trials and sports, the country we love collapses around us. Sad bunch that we gotta runnin things.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    This moral outrage crap is getting old. Where were these politicians when the Genocide was going on in Darfur? Rowanda? Somalia? the PTB in the ME have seen the writing on the wall and will not allow another Libya to happen. They are choosing to crush dissent just like the Soviets did back in the day. They know that if they don't they are out anyway. What have they got to lose? Nothing! And stand to stay in power if they are successful. We need to get out of Libya asap and not go where we aren't wanted anyway. Who cares if the people are being beaten? It takes a pretty nasty turn to make peope to want self rule and freedom. It's time the people of the ME to learn that lesson imo. They are no different than Poland in the '80's if you ask me.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Robert Welch explained it in 1974. Why we are at war:

And the fact that we are at war is to be the excuse and the means for suppressing all opposition to such policies, for brutally tightening the arbitrary enforcement of government regulations, for making all opposition to government policies synonymous with treason, for ruthlessly liquidating all resistance, and for irresistibly fastening the shackles of the Police State around the bodies and over the lives of all the American people.

- Robert W. Welch, Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co73TDl_F7E

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    The War on Libya is going to be the model for the upcoming War on Syria.

Sen. Graham: Military intervention in Syria should be on the Table
    Graham: Now is the time to take action in Syria - CBS News
    For good measure, he also urged the President for an aggressive War on Pakistan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxeB0Cz0LQw

If there was a way for our foreign policy to make any less sense they would be voting it into effect right now

Top Bottom