• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Are you serious?! Has Al Queda been in Mali for that long? Im all for getting these b******s but we are getting so stretched out and racking up crazy expenses. I dont think America can afford to be the world police much longer.

Yea I'm serious, but its been my understanding (my unit is civil affairs) that we are going in to stop anarchy, tribes rebels etc. Noones mentioned al queda but noones mentioned very much to us at all.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yea I'm serious, but its been my understanding (my unit is civil affairs) that we are going in to stop anarchy, tribes rebels etc. Noones mentioned al queda but noones mentioned very much to us at all.
    Gotcha. Well thanks for the info. Ive heard a lot lately on the news that AQIM (Al Queda in Mali) thats what theyre calling it, have carved out a rather large piece of land for a home base to potentially strike at French Interests or eventually Europe.

There are also reports that Al Queda is enforcing strict Islamic law by cutting off arms and heads in local communities.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    The French are loosing control of their own country as they have been catering to the Islamists who shut down french cities anytime they want to have a prayer meeting. They are getting massive sprawling gettos full of muslims who want to topple their country. Maybe the frogs should concentrate on their own business.

This. It's kind of stupid to try and put out the fire in your neighbors house when your own house is burning down.

They'll never do it though. Those people are now French "citizens" with all the same rights as ethnic French. Maybe they should take a page from the Algerians and see how thay handled the Pied Noirs.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When I was in school Vietnam was called "French indochina" . Seems that the french just cannot resist getting involved with crap they cannot handle and then crying for someone else to take over the mission.

The French are loosing control of their own country as they have been catering to the Islamists who shut down french cities anytime they want to have a prayer meeting. They are getting massive sprawling gettos full of muslims who want to topple their country. Maybe the frogs should concentrate on their own business.

I almost would say let them fail. The bad part is that william jefferson clinton set up the french with exclusive rights to manufacture parts for our stealth fighter and bomber, so anytime the french get offended, our production lines stop. The french are always the first to slam America for anything they disapprove, even if it is none of their business. I would say they are not the best friends to have.

:rolleyes:

Really? They shut down entire cities anytime they want to pray? :):
    You do know that only one single street in Paris is concerned by those prayers in the street right?
    But you probably read that online so you believe it's happening at a much more bigger scale.
    The local mosk there is too small for this district when other religious groups have much bigger churches.
    It's kinda like watching the US news where they would make you believe that shootings are happening every day in every schools in America when those events are very rare and only touch a few kids in the country.

You're right, "the frogs" are already busy fighting in Afghanistan (since 2001 alonside US troops) and protecting the coast of Somalia so maybe they shouldn't get involved somewhere else.

I think you know very little about France and their military involvement around the world.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    The phrench will be fighting under the same battle flag they have for years.

white_flag_surrender.jpg

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    This wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with Mali's gold export braking 80% GDP at the same time we have multiple nations calling to repatriate their gold from the Federal Reserve, would it? Al Quida sure has a knack for taking up residence in countries that have large amounts of resources we currently are in need of.

My first purple on the board, lol.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Heck, if we're going to have boots on the ground might as well go full colonial on them! At least get something for all of the money we're now going to spend.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am all for intervening in Mali, so long as it's a 15 day SHOCK AND AWE campaign, then we turn it over to others. Go in, blow em to hell, get out.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    The French have enough military assets to do this job on their own. We shouldn't need to help. I wouldn't mind just a short break from continuous armed conflict.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The French have enough military assets to do this job on their own. We shouldn't need to help. I wouldn't mind just a short break from continuous armed conflict.

:yesway:

That was my thoughts as well.A professional army as powerful as the French military shouldn't need backup from the US to fight what looks like 3000 dudes or so in pickup trucks with no aviation or armored vehicles. :dunno:

A bunch of African countries said thy would send soldiers plus the UK and Spain are willing to help as well.

That's about 20 000 men against 3000 if I trust what Wikipedia says.
    Im pretty sure they dont need the help of US soldiers on the ground to do the job.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :yesway:

That was my thoughts as well.A professional army as powerful as the French military shouldn't need backup from the US to fight what looks like 3000 dudes or so in pickup trucks with no aviation or armored vehicles. :dunno:

A bunch of African countries said thy would send soldiers plus the UK and Spain are willing to help as well.

That's about 20 000 men against 3000 if I trust what Wikipedia says.
    Im pretty sure they dont need the help of US soldiers on the ground to do the job.

I doubt its boots on the ground. The US often helps support NATO/UN operations through logistics. Shipping material, providing training, etc. Lots of countries have enough boots, but few have the global resources and bases that the US has, and the ability to get beans and bullets to anywhere in the world that goes with that.

Top Bottom