• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Being a big fan of SAA revolvers, this intrigues me. They're also offering an Ursus in 10mm which is (smartly) ported too. Interesting to see the semi-auto cartridges being offered in this platform. This wouldn't be for any serious shooting, just a little backyard plinking. A dual cylinder version is coming too, which makes sense.

I guess they're trying to appeal to the younger audiences, not the aging revolver fans like most of us.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ruger offered a Blackhawk chambered in .357, with an extra cylinder chambered in 9mm years ago.....
    My dad had one of those! Sadly he sold it, it was pretty fun to shoot!
    I'd like to have one. I've got one in 45 colt/45 acp that I really like. With the 357/9mm you'd have the versatility to shoot 3 calibers out of one gun which would even be better.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've got a Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt/ACP that I've never shot with the 45 Colt cylinder. These single actions are just fun guns for me, so I don't worry about authenticity when taking one to the range/cornfield. I'll be looking into picking up one of these Ubertis in 9mm, since I've got a plentiful supply of that cartridge.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Interesting. Guess the chamber headspaces on the case mouth?
    Yep.

Along with the 1873 Cattleman, the company's El Patron is available with a 9mm Luger cylinder. The cylinders are machined with a rim inside the cylinder chambers that allow 9mm Luger cartridges to headspace on the case rim, so no moon clips are required for their use. The round are loaded individually, and spent cases are ejected in the traditional fashion through the use of the ejector rod.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got a Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt/ACP that I've never shot with the 45 Colt cylinder. These single actions are just fun guns for me, so I don't worry about authenticity when taking one to the range/cornfield. I'll be looking into picking up one of these Ubertis in 9mm, since I've got a plentiful supply of that cartridge.
    After shooting my son's 45colt Ruger Vaquero I really enjoyed shooting it. I'm searching for a Ruger Blackhawk 45colt for my SA revolver. How close is a Blackhawk to a SAA?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    After shooting my son's 45colt Ruger Vaquero I really enjoyed shooting it. I'm searching for a Ruger Blackhawk 45colt for my SA revolver. How close is a Blackhawk to a SAA?
    Close, but they don't have the feel of the SAA. There's something special about the way the old replicas feel. And I love those big, meaty bullets dragging along at 650fps.

Top Bottom