• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    We are here doing our annual sleeping bag washing. Takes me back to a time in my early 20's when this was a weekly Saturday/Sunday a.m. necessity. A reminder to be grateful for such a small thing as having a washer/dryer.

Oh, and did I mention ugh...

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sleeping bags are not suppose.to be put in the dryer. You line dry them. At least most of the anyway.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I use the laundromat about every other month or so to clean our big blankets and quilts. I see no reason to abuse my old washing machine/dryer.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I use the laundromat about every other month or so to clean our big blankets and quilts. I see no reason to abuse my old washing machine/dryer.
    Same here. The laundromat closest to our house that we use, always has some interesting characters in it but maybe all laundromats have them.:laugh:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    4 kids and a crap ton of laundry. When it gets too backed up with blanket and whatnot we hit the laundry-o-mat.
    Couple hours on a weekend and using just about all of their super maxi capacity washers we get it done.

Play the video games and relax.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    ...takes me back to a time in my early 20's when this was a weekly Saturday/Sunday a.m. necessity. A reminder to be grateful for such a small thing as having a washer/dryer.

Oh, and did I mention ugh...

wife and I lived on the north side (ghetto) of pittsburgh when we got married. Had to carry our clothes bag (no car) 6 blocks to wash them. We take nothing for granted!

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Sleeping bags are not suppose.to be put in the dryer. You line dry them. At least most of the anyway.

Would have been best but time was of the essence (not to mention the fact that I freed the clothes line posts from the ground years ago).

Interesting mix of people came through. The place has a dry cleaning service as well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I went to college in Pittsburgh. Our of my of campus apartments had a dryer but no washer. :n00b:

Oh... and sewage would frequently bubble up from bad plumbing in the basement. Not relevant, but it stunk. Literally.

Anyway, I used to drag my clothes about a mile to the bottom of the hill to the laundromat. I would wash and load them sopping wet into a duffel bag and schlep them back up the hill to dry them at home. Good times.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    4.5 rolls of quarters to get the task done... And as a bonus for being a good boy (or it was possible she was hungry too I guess), Philly cheesesteak and fries from Penn Station which was open until 2200.

Edit: I did not see any "gun free zone" stickers at the laundry or Penn Station.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    We have a laundry mat in town that will wash our bunker gear for a good price (which is always nice after a couple fires, it gets to stinking pretty bad).

I almost enjoy going to the laundry mat just to take in the atmosphere of strange folks, its great!

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    This reminded me of a bad joke I heard long ago... "Never marry a girl you met at the landromat... if she can't afford her own washer and dryer, how is she going to be able to support you?"
    Not really sure why that popped into my head, but I wanted to share with the internets.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I don't think I have ever put one of my sleeping bags in a washing machine. We usually just spread them out on the ground on a hot sunny summer day and let the ultra violet rays do the cleaning. I have spread them out over a picnic table before as well....but never in a washing machine.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    We have collecteed about 8 sleeping bags. We have the pair we use now (and they feel great) and then the rest. We will be attending a multi-day extended family get-together where some will need a bag. Washing seemed like the thing to do...

Top Bottom