• minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Your thoughts on this, great deal?

I am looking for a plinker/nightstand gun. Oh, this is looking sweet. $510

2-BR92M9A0M - Beretta Model M9 Semi Automatic Handgun 9mm 4.9" Barrel 15 Rounds Synthetic Grips Black

2-BR92M9A0M.jpg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    excellent gun....almost no felt recoil...ammo is cheap enough to practice all day long without breaking the bank....very reliable...military chose them for a reason....my everyday carry gun and one of my two favorite pistol types....I'd double check that price though

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    give me a min to see if I can find a better price.....are you concerned with it being the "m9" or does 92fs suffice for your taste?....basically identical guns

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    It has the "dot and post sight" My first choice would be a 3 dot, anyone completely dislike the dot and post sight?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I do....I hate the dot and post...cuz in low light conditions or when silhouetted against a dark object it's hard to clearly see proper sight alignment.....of course this will vary for the individuals eye sight

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a fan of 9 mm but son has that exact piece in 9 mm. He loves it for the lack of felt recoil, accuracy and it eats any ammo he feeds it. PP rounds are plentiful. I recomend using them for defense purpose.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    call Indy Tactical Supply in Moorseville to get a quote before buying this....he is usually cheaper than any local shop...beating internet deals it's hit or miss...but if he can't get it cheaper you prolly won't find it cheaper...I'm actually not finding anything immediately available for less.....of course you might double check their shipping charges before buying too...they could try to rip an extra 10-20 bucks off you in shipping...some places do that

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    you might just go with the 92fs....it's an identical gun but at least you can get 3dots from factory and save a decent amount of $$

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have been issued one for years. Depends on what you are wanting it to do. The sights cannot be changed and you have to get extra parts in order to mount a flashlight/laser on it, unless you get laser grips, etc. I recently did buy on myself, but only cause I have so much of the gear for it already, thanks to the US Army. For a plinker, I would say its good, however for a night stand gun, PERSONALLY, i would want something with a rail so I can properly identify my target. 9mm isnt too bad a round IF you get the right defensive rounds. I like using my custom 1911 (which was abit more when I bought it) because it has a rail and night sights. Its nice having the flash light attached so its easier to clear the house. Just remember not to point it at anything you are not willing to destroy. Sorry for the book of a response.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have been issued one for years. Depends on what you are wanting it to do. The sights cannot be changed and you have to get extra parts in order to mount a flashlight/laser on it, unless you get laser grips, etc. I recently did buy on myself, but only cause I have so much of the gear for it already, thanks to the US Army. For a plinker, I would say its good, however for a night stand gun, PERSONALLY, i would want something with a rail so I can properly identify my target. 9mm isnt too bad a round IF you get the right defensive rounds. I like using my custom 1911 (which was abit more when I bought it) because it has a rail and night sights. Its nice having the flash light attached so its easier to clear the house. Just remember not to point it at anything you are not willing to destroy. Sorry for the book of a response.

I agree about having a light attached. If youre going to be using it as a nightstand gun, a light is a must for me.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    so, come on, update us. Did you get it? or you get something else? I hope you made sure to get the accessories for anything that you picked up as well

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Those 92fs have been calling out my name for quite some time, it's getting harder and harder to set them down :D

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Those 92fs have been calling out my name for quite some time, it's getting harder and harder to set them down :D
    They have a couple up here in NWI for sale, seems to be a pretty reasonable price, from what I have seen them for in other states. I got one myself last year, however, I have more then a couple different pistols. Mine was picked up cause I already have a ton of the gear, thanks to the Army, haha

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    the system is very accurate at distance. pretty decent trigger break point on sa. had a weak (or cracked) brass rupture in mine. which popped the trigger arm out. and maced me with unburnt powder (this is why we were the silly glasses) gave it a slap and gassed it back up. gun runs like a champ still.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    :dunno:Wondering why all the mixed reviews:yesway: :noway: on such an awesome looking cannon . Even some service men:patriot: aren't to happy with them . A range plinker is all I would use it for. I'm sure they would know every "tick" about them when the targets are shooting back !:ar15: :draw:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    :dunno:Wondering why all the mixed reviews:yesway: :noway: on such an awesome looking cannon . Even some service men:patriot: aren't to happy with them . A range plinker is all I would use it for. I'm sure they would know every "tick" about them when the targets are shooting back !:ar15: :draw:
    Mixed reviews cause like everything else, most people have different ideas on what they like. I have been issued one in the Army, its huge and bulky and isnt super practical. Granted, its not the worst pistol. Some people in the military never fire anything other then whats issued, so they dont know better or worse firearms. One of the bigger problems with them was the lack of good magazines, but now that more people are manufacturing them, should be abit better quality finally going to the military ones. Its not a bad pistol, per say, but there is plenty that could be done to make it better. Sights are not great and they cannot be changed. The barrel being exposed makes it not so great in the inclement weather. Also, with the large handle that it has, makes it harder for people with small to medium sized hands to control. Also, getting someone else's beat up hand me down does not make it super accurate as well. Just my :twocents:. I am sure others have had different experiences with them.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    The sights were my main issue with them while carrying them in the Air Force. Was still able to fire expert with it. They were dependable. Thought about buying one before I got out of the Air Force in 1992.

Top Bottom