• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I spotted this monstrosity during a recent visit to Flint MI. Check out the huge fuel tanks on both sides of the vehicle. It also sports a huge sunroof thru the middle portion of the roof. I'm sure its not intended for sunny drives.

I wouldn't mind having one in my driveway.

23mk57m.jpg

28korrs.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Wasn't that a low production vehicle from ford about 8 years ago? Called the Ford Tonka Truck or something...

IIRC they're extremely pricey... I think a BOV is something affordable yet adequate to get you out of dodge... if it's bad enough you need that thing it's pretty bad all around...

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    That is not the Tonka truck (the front grill is wrong for a tonka). It is a F650 modified with an aftermarket excursion package. That thing is easily over $120K. You are right it would be an awesome BOV. There are 6 fuel tanks on it at that I think hold around a 100 gallons each. In theory at 4 miles per gallon, it could go from New York to Denver nonstop.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Guess it depends on definition of BOV...

If you want to stay on flat terrain / roads / non-muddy spots... Then I'd imagine that would do just fine.

Too big & heavy to do any "real" off-roading.

If I were of unlimited means, I think that I'd seek something like this: http://unimogshop.com/ads/unimog-expedition-camper-for-sale-2/

Roadway speed isn't very high - but the 'Mog will go a heck of a lot more places than that Ford will.

SIGFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    YES THE GAS TANKS ARE THE BIGGEST WEEKNESS! AT $4.00 A GALLON YOU WOULD NEED TO REMORTGAGE YOUR HOUSE TO FILL THE TANKS.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You have not seen it in its ....

..... "Raised / off-road " stance. 18-inch clearance front and rear, AWD. The fuel-tanks can take multiple point-blank 5.56 hits and stay sealed. 650 hp is plenty to out-maneuver any "MOG." Think of this one as a "O.M.G.", not a "MOG." Plus: real comfort in any clime.
    It depends on definition of BOV... If you want to stay on flat terrain / roads / non-muddy spots... Then I'd imagine that would do just fine. Too big & heavy to do any "real" off-roading.

If I were of unlimited means, I think that I'd seek something like this: http://unimogshop.com/ads/unimog-expedition-camper-for-sale-2/

Roadway speed isn't very high - but the 'Mog will go a heck of a lot more places than that Ford will.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I would love to have this to go back and forth to Oklahoma. I would just give everyone a diaper and we wouldn't have to fill up until we left to come back home or maybe when I got home!!! :-)

Top Bottom