• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    After spending about 90 minutes last night cleaning the gas piston parts on my semi-auto shotgun to my specification, I began looking at some ultrasonic parts cleaners. Just wondering what others are using and what solvents/cleaners work best on parts like AR bolts, gas piston parts, etc. Not sure about the ones from Harbor Freight, or if I should just "buy once and cry once." What are you using, how much did it cost, how large is it and are you happy with it. May end up reloading at some point, so something that can handle some brass would be a plus. TIA

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    Buy crest. You wont regret it. They are a god send. I just switched to slip 2000 725 solvent and i cant say enough good. Doesnt leave nasty residues and it wont kill all your brain cells if you accidentally breath near it.

This is the unit i use and it will clean some seriously nasty crud off of stuff fast.

http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleani...-kits/f500ht-ultrasonic-system-prod26432.aspx
    I'm sure I won't regret it...I would probably never spend that much on ultrasonic cleaner. Even if my wife gave me the approval I would need to be in some kind of profit making operation to justify that purchase. What about models in the $300 range? Anybody have advice?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The medical industry (hospitals, some doc offices, veterinarians) use durable high quality ultrasonic cleaners. There are companies that sell and warranty used healthcare equipment; I think you would get a lot more for your money that way but I'm not sure what to tell you in terms of how much to pay.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I spent $69 on mine at Harbor Freight. I use it all the time to clean suppressors and all gun parts. It has heat if you want it and multiple time settings.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got the Harbor Freight version as well. Pretty sure it's exactly the same unit as the Lyman that's on sale at Midway USA for $100. I've used mine a good number of times and it works fine - plus I was able to use one of those 25% off coupons on it so got it significantly cheaper than a 'name brand'.

Top Bottom