• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    /facepalm. How do people get through the day?!?!

^^ ditto^^
    I imagine theser scenarios going like this:
    Caller: I saw a man with a rocket launcher
    Dispatcher (having to take his word for it): OK, I'll send someone right away.
    CAller: Oh, wait, I think it might be a trombone case, but could be a rocket launcher in disguise
    Dispatcher: ok, we'll still send someone
    Caller: Ok, it's definitely a trombone, cause he just opened it and is playing it. But he is wearing black and has a shaved head...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Remember the old movies where a spy has a weapon that is disguised as an umbrella? I guess that wouldn't work these days.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    umbrella-man.gif

The uber tacticool cretin in his jorts pointin the AK at the innocent man must have been stoked.
    Looks like an AR to me...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Worst part of the article says the guy with the umbrella "caused" the gun scare. No, he had a damn umbrella like anyone else would and some little expletive needs to stop thinking everything long and hard is a deadly weapon.

Given all the hoopla, and "see something - say something" BS, we've created a society that's hyper-paranoid - and it starts with the youths.

And, more and more, this level of "police interaction" is the norm. But, hey, they did know it was an umbrella...

Oh, and Jack, Cal State is not local.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What do you want to bet that there's a couple of jackwads standing around the corner laughing at the chaos they've knowingly caused? Back in the day it was bomb threats on the school nowadays it's tactical umbrellas!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What do you want to bet that there's a couple of jackwads standing around the corner laughing at the chaos they've knowingly caused? Back in the day it was bomb threats on the school nowadays it's tactical umbrellas!!

Tactical umbrellas? That's a million dollar idea right there! Maybe a foregrip, some rain spotting optics, two stage deployment trigger and tons of rails...

We need more OC umbrella events - now we have to get the public to accept our rights to OC.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Given all the hoopla, and "see something - say something" BS, we've created a society that's hyper-paranoid - and it starts with the youths.

And, more and more, this level of "police interaction" is the norm. But, hey, they did know it was an umbrella...

Oh, and Jack, Cal State is not local.

it is if you are the headline writer for the newspaper reporting the story

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Yes ... Excellent, Excellent. SOON our evil plan will be in place, and all of you rabble will be subjugated. BUAHAHAHAHAHA! Nothing makes us smile like opressing the populace! *rubs hands deviously*

Looks like they are establishing a perimiter around the site of the "incident" while the officers on the left search him. Thats what they are supposed to do on those kinds of calls. If you dont like the fact that they need to respond like this, then fix your community so they don't have to do so. You are responsible for how you live, not the cops.

You honestly have no problem with this?

Top Bottom