• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Empire of Japan radio operator: Honorable Sgt-San, We cannot decipher the American radio messages. :(

Empire of Japan Sgt: Impossible! Americans are supposed to only speak English! :rules:

Empire of Japan radio operator: Honorable Sgt-San, this is not English. How are we to know when the Americans will attack??? :n00b: :scratch:

Empire of Japan Sgt: We are doomed! Where is my sword I cannot live with this shame! :xmad:

5 mins later
    (Seppuku!) :drool:

Navajo Code Talkers: Lol :chest: :laugh:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ignorance at its' best. I play soccer and last year I played a team made up of Vietnamese players. They live, work here but many spoke little English and they spoke Vietnamese to each other. Should I have showed my azz like the umpire and demand they speak English? People are stupid...the umpire supports that assertion.

If you live here and you are in public, speak our language, which is English. Yes, it pissses me off when people can not speak English in public. If I moved to another Country, my number one priority would be to learn the language of that country. It's bad enough I have to hear that **** at work. A good friend of mines wife is Japanese. She knows to speak English in public. If that offends anyone, then they are more than welcome to leave the Country. People can call me a bigit, racist, or whatever they wish. I'm not going to change my opinion.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I find it rude for a person to live in another country and not strive to become a part of that country and it's language. Visitors obviously should be helped and accommodated while visiting and trying to navigate around the USA,but I refuse to let the visitors force their language and customs,etc. on the hosting location. Would you find it offensive if a visitor to your house started changing your TV,moving furniture, or painting your walls to their favorite color?-I sure would!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    They weren't expecting the others to speak Spanish. They were presumably using that instead of signs, or code words, or whatever else to communicate team jargon to one another. It's no different than the coach/manager using signs or a quarterback using code words to call an audible.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    From the article.

Meanwhile, there are clear reasons why the foreign language communication is necessary, none more obvious than the demographic makeup of the Gadsden School District, which is near the Mexico border and counts a student population that is literally 97 percent Hispanic.

So does anyone believe that a school near the Mexico border that is 97% Hispanic was playing another conference team full of gringos and not one of them could speak Spanish?

Also from the article.

The home plate umpire, who is bilingual, intervened in the mid-game conflict and told Jones there was no rule prohibiting players from speaking Spanish on the field, Burciaga said.
    While the umpire may have taken umbrage to not understanding what the players were saying, the home plate umpire said that he would stop any foul language between the teams.

Apparently the home plate umpire didnt find any of the language offensive. He was able to understand it and it sounds as though he would have put a stop to any offensive language.

Reasonable conclusion? First base umpire has a chip on his shoulder.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you live here and you are in public, speak our language, which is English. Yes, it pissses me off when people can not speak English in public. If I moved to another Country, my number one priority would be to learn the language of that country. It's bad enough I have to hear that **** at work. A good friend of mines wife is Japanese. She knows to speak English in public. If that offends anyone, then they are more than welcome to leave the Country. People can call me a bigit, racist, or whatever they wish. I'm not going to change my opinion.

I'm assuming you mean English that is, for the most part, understandable, right? Certainly, not the proper stuff.

Kut (loves irony)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, when do we get to string up the Catholics for using all that Latiny stuff? Everytime I go into a Catholic church I'm like, "Huh? That ain't English."

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

You spelled "bigot" wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Educate yourself, son. You won't then have to ask me. I find it irritating for anyone to live here and be so blatantly ignorant of our nation's history.

I am asking you, because I believe it is you, sir, that is ignorant of our nation's history. If you care to be thoroughly embarassed, and to have your ignorance of American history illustrated, in detail, then please inform me of what "day" you are referencing. I caution you though, it won't be pretty.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

So, your position is that, if you are in public, English should be the only language spoken? So if 2 people or a group of people CHOOSE to speak to each other in their native tongue in public, that will "**** you off"? So much for freedom of speech. There should be a law, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So, your position is that, if you are in public, English should be the only language spoken? So if 2 people or a group of people CHOOSE to speak to each other in their native tongue in public, that will "**** you off"? So much for freedom of speech. There should be a law, right?

Go ahead and speak whatever language they want to each other and to their group that speaks it, but when interacting with the rest of the public outside of their makeshift Chinatowns and little Mexico's' ect, then yeah speak English or an effort. Yes there should be a law making English the official language that way our cities and federal govt doesn't have to print papers and sign in 10 different languages and cost us millions of unnecessary spent dollars.

And for the record all of my ancestors spoke English as far back as I can trace an they also helped fight to found this nation and didn't just climb a fence to become Americans.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So, it should be law that everyone speaks English? There goes diversity.

How do you feel about the kids that were chatting with each other in Spanish? Should they have to stop speaking Spanish just because they weren't in their "makeshift Chinatowns" and "little Mexicos?"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So, it should be law that everyone speaks English? There goes diversity.

How do you feel about the kids that were chatting with each other in Spanish? Should they have to stop speaking Spanish just because they weren't in their "makeshift Chinatowns" and "little Mexicos?"

I don't think it's sportsmanlike conduct.

We can still have plenty of diversity. Many Other countries have an official language and I believe they still have diversity. It's not a racist proposal it's common sense government (which it lacks) and fiscally responsible (also lacking).
    We have much more important issues to fix before this one. There might not even be an America in 5 years.

Top Bottom