• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Isn't the treaty void without ratification by the senate?

No, it just means that the United States is not bound by it. If the rest of the world is though, think about what that would mean for guns and ammo exported from or imported into this country. Both (it seems to me anyway) would be severely restricted.

Without the approval of the O administration and the removal of the concensus requirement to bring it to a vote in the UN general assembly, the treaty would have died altogether.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    No, it just means that the United States is not bound by it. If the rest of the world is though, think about what that would mean for guns and ammo exported from or imported into this country. Both (it seems to me anyway) would be severely restricted.

Without the approval of the O administration and the removal of the concensus requirement to bring it to a vote in the UN general assembly, the treaty would have died altogether.

Correct. I'm not sure what steps other countries have to take to enact the treaty within their walls.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I really hope this doesn't stop Eastern European exports. Vympel, Ulyanovsk, Prvi Partizan, Molot, Vper, Tula, Sellior & Bellot, and all of those great brands would be prevented from entering!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Russia had indicated originally that they would not be a party to it, but that was before this latest push. I haven't seen anything lately.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Doesn't surprise me one bit. This Administration, by dropping the consensus requirement, just did an end run. While the majority's attention was focused on the direct assault on the 2nd by Congressional democrats Obama got his wish for the first giant step towards world gun control.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    This would be a treasonous attack on our constitution and sovereignty. It looks as though this administration is moving as quick as possible to prevent Americans from having the time to organize against this tyranny.

We are being attacked on so many different levels. This administration has divided us, is working on disarming us, is destroying us economically, is working on amnesty for illegals, has been working against our allies and assisting our enemies, strengthening the DHS with weapons, ammo and armor, and now is going to join and assist the UN in disarming us as well. I think that we would begin to wake up and see this situation for what it is, destruction of America.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Very strange.
    Where are the INGO naysayers on this?
    You couldn't get them to shut up a few months ago on how much a friend to the 2nd Amendment
    the obama administration is and that they would NEVER come after our rights.
    Strangely they are silent now.

Hummmmmm.....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Very strange.
    You couldn't get them to shut up a few months ago on how much a friend to the 2nd Amendment

Hummmmmm.....

They'll be along shortly reminding us how Romney took guns away from the citizens of Mass with his AWB.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Very strange.

Hummmmmm.....

They haven't gotten their talking points email from moveon.org yet.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Very strange.

Hummmmmm.....

They are in the "Breakroom" section posting about their favorite TV shows. Nothing to say here.

Top Bottom