• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Considering that a treaty needs to be ratified by 2/3 of the Senate, I'm not going to lose sleep over this. I'll certainly stay engaged, but this isn't something that has any chance of going anywhere.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I did like this...

In July, 51 senators sent a letter to President Obama and Secretary Clinton encouraging them “not only to uphold our country’s constitutional protections of civilian firearms ownership, but to ensure — if necessary, by breaking consensus at the July conference — that the treaty will explicitly recognize the legitimacy of lawful activities associated with firearms, including but not limited to the right of self-defense.”

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    You have to ask yourself, "Why does the UN, or other countries want to disarm the United States?"

To me, this is a very scary scenario. Not saying it would happen, but I believe a country disarmed is a country ripe for invasion or takeover, whether from outside, or worse, from inside.

We cannot allow this to happen... EVER!

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I read the article but I didn't spend a ton of time researching the points. I did go out and read the UN articles about the Office for Disarmament Affairs and yeah, there is a lot of talk about disarmament but it is mostly about WMDs (nuclear, biological,...). The small arms stuff seems to pertain mostly to trafficking to terror groups. I don't see a lot about private ownership.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ok I just read this outloud....

The effort at eradication of private gun ownership is more insidious than it appears. On page 25 of the 1997 UN Secretary General’s Report on Criminal Justice Reform and Strengthening Legal Institutions Measure to Regulate Firearms (of which the United States was a signatory), a part of the regulations agreed to by the United States is the administering of a psychological test before a person is cleared to buy ammunition.
    From the voice of the UN to the ears of Barack Obama and those of his mien.
    A proposed law in New Jersey would “ensure the mental stability of anyone authorized to purchase a firearm in New Jersey.” The bill would require anyone in New Jersey who applies for a license to purchase a firearm to pass a mental health screening “administered by a medical doctor or licensed psychiatrist in New Jersey.”

Could this be our beloved DSM-5 in action???

Psychiatry goes insane: Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Would have been better ...

... to have seen the words "Bill of Rights / 2A" included in that letter. "... encouraging them ..." what does THAT mean? we need to threaten them with impeachment!!
    I did like this...

In July, 51 senators sent a letter to President Obama and Secretary Clinton encouraging them “not only to uphold our country’s constitutional protections of civilian firearms ownership, but to ensure — if necessary, by breaking consensus at the July conference — that the treaty will explicitly recognize the legitimacy of lawful activities associated with firearms, including but not limited to the right of self-defense.”

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Not WW III but ...

.... Civil War II, ALL gun-owners against the Imperialists in DC who would have us knuckle under, like they did in the Original. And go for repeal of: ALL CURRENT federal gun control! If the States want it, let each State vote on it with the electorate of each State.

- The National Firearms Act of 1934

- The Federal Firearms Act of 1938

- The Gun Control Act of 1968

- The "Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act" of 1986

- The Hughes Amendment of the Firearm Owner's Protection Act of 1986

- The Crime Control Act of 1990

- The Brady Bill of 1994

- The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994

ALL illegal, unconstitutional, don't work, and are anti-liberty and anti-freedom!
    If this where to ever happen, I have a feeling it would start world war 3.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    This is the perfect cover for all politicians. For those that are for gun control, they can tell their constituents that they worked hard to help us accept the UN mandate. For those proposing to be against gun control, they can say that they fought hard against accepting the UN mandate, but they were in the minority. Either way, they all can say that they support the 2nd amendment, but this is global and must take priority over our 2nd amendment rights. This is for our own good.

I think it's time to clean house.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They can't get an AWB through the Senate. Do you really think they can get 2/3 of the Senate to ratify a treaty that bans all private firearms ownership?

The UN isn't coming for your guns. There are enough real problems without spending time worrying about this.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    They can't get an AWB through the Senate. Do you really think they can get 2/3 of the Senate to ratify a treaty that bans all private firearms ownership?

The UN isn't coming for your guns. There are enough real problems without spending time worrying about this.

I disagree. Anytime that our rights are in danger, it's worth our time no matter how slight the chances are of the proposed legislation being accepted and passed.

Top Bottom