• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Several questions seem to ask about "civilians vs. law enforcement". Now we know where that inaccurate distinction comes from.

It appears that most low enforcement folks align pretty closely with the REST of the civilian population. :D

Thanks for posting. I'll dig in deeper when I get a chance....

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    While I am quite pleased with the reported results of the questions. They could use a little adjustment with their reported demografic and respondents.

They state in the "about the survey" at the end:
    Respondents comprised a variety of ranks from departments of all sizes, with the majority representing departments of greater than 500 officers.

But adding up the numbers in the results to the question that asks for this information only 28.1% (4247) of the 15,109 whom answered that question claim they are from a dept of 500+. That is not a majority of respondents.

Minor, but just trying to think of it as the opposition would. Kuddos to those officers whom have a brain and choose to use it.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, I hope that this is an actual representation of the million plus LEOs out there.
    It really seems to be when you actually set and talk to any of them... Just like an individual with a real personal purpose versus a group of people with an implied agenda.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why is this surprising? My fellow LEO's and I have been screaming this point at the top of our lungs since joining. However, most choose not to listen.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Why is this surprising? My fellow LEO's and I have been screaming this point at the top of our lungs since joining. However, most choose not to listen.

I hear you Denny, at least one of out here is. :yesway:

I am not surprised at the results. I think it is nice to see it actually put in a formal format.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow, I hope that this is an actual representation of the million plus LEOs out there.
    It really seems to be when you actually set and talk to any of them... Just like an individual with a real personal purpose versus a group of people with an implied agenda.
    \

The sample is far larger than MOST nationally conducted surveys.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Probably, because all the MSM puts on TV are the BIG CITY Chiefs....who are all gun grabbers. The rank and file have not been represented, until now.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    \

The sample is far larger than MOST nationally conducted surveys.

First off, I don't believe any poll 100% any more, unless I conducted it. Second, they asked 15,000 officers, of the 400,000 that we already part of their group...
    'PoliceOne exclusively to its 400,000 registered members'.
    So does this group represent LEO's everywhere? Because that's still less than half of them out there... and then it's only 1/26th of those 400K members...
    I digress. Let's not argue the same point!
    I'm one that has faith in my fellow man, and LEO's do still put on their socks the same way I do. LEO's don't scare me, a few very good friends of mine are active, it's their misguided orders from managment that frighten me.

BUT IT's still a good read and very comforting... Rep already thrown at you! So, I do appreciate the info.

Top Bottom