• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have been waiting to see what the big names say about the issue as well. Not because I am swayed by their opinion, but rather interested to see if their "core" views are swayed by the thousands of dollars in free gear they receive on an annual basis. (Of course they have a gear bias, that goes with a sponsorship)

As for me, I paid darn good money for the few pieces of UA apparel I possess, and there will be no burnings. Might not be any future purchases either, but we will see what comes of this.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have been waiting to see what the big names say about the issue as well. Not because I am swayed by their opinion, but rather interested to see if their "core" views are swayed by the thousands of dollars in free gear they receive on an annual basis. (Of course they have a gear bias, that goes with a sponsorship)

As for me, I paid darn good money for the few pieces of UA apparel I possess, and there will be no burnings. Might not be any future purchases either, but we will see what comes of this.

Well, once you've bought it, then not sure what purpose burning it has.
    The money is already spent.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, once you've bought it, then not sure what purpose burning it has.
    The money is already spent.

Exactly. Why the author of the link feels it necessary is beyond me. Oh well, UA apparently thinks it won't hurt the bottom line too much. And, they are probably right. The "technical hunter" demographic is infitesimally small compared to even the youth sports line. Too bad the other tech lines are so expensive. (KIUI, Sitka, etc.)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Some of the comments below the article look as if they came straight from the SJW sea hag who harangued UA into dropping their sponsorship.:ugh:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My guess is that of the 4800 people who signed that petition, 4798 of them never have and never would buy UA products. That is almost as bad as the people ready to call the election for Hillary right now based on polls of 100 people with no indication of how the sample was taken.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Oh boy, where to start.

How about the fact that the chick behind the petition is named Kelsey? Of course it is. Such a fitting name for a young protected woman with absolutely nothing better to do and zero life experience or exposure to hunting.

I also hear anti-hunters say things like, "why do you need a gun to kill a deer, or bear? How is that fair? Nothing sporting about that. A real man would use a knife to make it more fair."

This dude uses a spear, which is dangerous as hell and very badass BTW, and these same people lose their minds. Then Under Armour caves to a petition of only 4000 people and rips the sponsorship from his wife? In what world does that make sense?

UA is free to do buisiness with whomever it pleases, but I'm guessing Mrs. Bowmar will get more sponsors from other hunting apparel brands as a result of this publicity.

As for UA gear, I've never even considered it, especially after seeing their prices. I saw this at Gander Mtn yesterday. $65 for a polo shirt? Get the heck out of here.

20160820_104211_zpstks3pflt.jpg

I really wish people would stop being whiney little *****es.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm going to call MidwayUsa's customer service tomorrow and bring this to their attention and ask that they tell the Potterfields what i think about UA. I think it would be worth a call to Cabela's, Gander Mtn, etc, too. If UA is going to throw hunters under the bus over the whining of 4000 SJWs, then they can f*** off and go compete with LLBean for yuppie dollars.

Seriously, forget burning what they've already sold, keep them from selling more.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I don't own any of their overpriced ****, and surely never will now. I agree that this will probably help the hunter and his wife more than hurt.

Reminds me of Cecil the lion and his Hunter. A ton of publicity for a legally killed animal and a legal Hunter that eventually just gets forgotten about once the dust settles and nobody gets publicly hung.

What bothers me the most is it only took 4000 (closeminded) people to get this done. I'm guessing UA will backpedal their way outta the spotlight here soon.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    She's an Illinois social justice warrior. I'd love to see some of the boys from Chicgao give her a true taste of social justice. UA is overpriced crap anyway. There are plenty of true hunting apparel companies that have better products and support their customers.

Expressed my feelings to Matthew via their online chat. I thanked him for helping me make sure I never buy another one of their products.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm not burning any UA gear that has already been purchased (hunting, golf and general fitness), but will purchase no more... and will return any given to me as gifts.

The brand "is dead to me".

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I only have a couple of UA items.
    Base layer and hat.
    Eh, they shrunk a lot over the last couple of seasons.............................;)
    Needed to be replaced anyway.
    Off to Cabelas...........not for UA stuff either.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Never cared for UA stuff. Soooo pricy for what it is.
    Seems like a great thing for the Bowmar's though. People who had zero idea of who they are now know them. Huge publicity compared to being sponsored for women's hunting gear.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Way to bite the hand that feeds them! Nice move. Go over there and talk to Target about how this kind of stuff works out, UnderArmour.

We should have a new category of Darwin Awards: Corporate Darwin Awards!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm honestly not even sure why Under Armor has a hunting apparel division. They make a mint off of football and Running already. I don't buy their overpriced stuff, and never will, but for kids, to be "cool," you gotta have the UA stuff. Kinda like having an Easton bat when I was a kid.

Top Bottom