• ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Shes a good shot for a first timer.

What a waste sending all them guns to the shredder.:xmad:

The cop is an idiot and unfortunately he carries a gun.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't agree with him, but I can see where he's coming from. He's a cop and I'd be surprised if he didn't go into LE with the intention of doing some good, making society safer, defending the good people against the bad elements of society, etc. In addition, they said this was the first time he'd drawn his gun in the line of duty since he was shot. In other words, despite the fact that he was armed, he still fell victim to the violent action of a person who used a gun to commit that violent action. I can see why he would think that guns are only used to hurt good people like him. That does not excuse his error, but it does begin to explain it. Couple that with the common "gunz я bad, mmmkay?" feeling that seems to wend it's way through the Black community, much as it does through the Jewish community in which I was raised, and that opinion becomes almost predictable (with notable exceptions)

He's wrong, of course. It's not at all unfortunate that people have a right to own guns. What's unfortunate is that some people will misuse their guns and abuse their rights to the detriment of good people.

Blessings,
    Bill

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I'm not able to view the video at work...

"Unfortunately, people who do not understand and respect the reasoning behind our Rights granted under the Constitution are allowed to enter law enforcement."

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    oh god no, stop the madness, all those poor guns. That was harder to watch than the ESEE and Becker knife test i posted. Kinda turns my stomach.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Couple that with the common "gunz я bad, mmmkay?" feeling that seems to wend it's way through the Black community, much as it does through the Jewish community in which I was raised, and that opinion becomes almost predictable (with notable exceptions)

I know this is true. I have seen it time after time. My question is WHY is this true? Why should a large majority of one race believe people should be defenseless? One could logically assume that one of the "justifications" of the Dredd Scott decision would have convinced them that it is a right they should demand.

Why should members of one specific religion believe the same, when their religion doesn't teach this, and they have countless examples that the opposite is true, and the experiences of those in the Warsaw Ghetto, among other examples, proves that people should never relinquish that right?

RTroy29035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "Here's another dark side to having a gun in America. In 2005, on average, a child died in an unintentional shooting every two days"

It got me thinking what other ways are children unintentionally harmed or killed.
    Take for example poisoning. Most Americans have items in their homes that are poisonous. A Purdue study in 2001 stated that a child is poisoned every 30 seconds in America. Maybe, if these people are really interested in saving children's lives they should focus their efforts on people who have poisons in their homes or better yet the companies that make those products.
    I would like to know of those children that have died from unintentional gun shots how many of those guns where illegal to begin with.
    The people that I know who have guns, have obtained them legally and go to great lengths to ensure that accidents don't happen.

Don't get me wrong though, I love kids and hate it whenever I hear of one being harmed or killed, but it needs to be put in perspective.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wish I could rep that lady. first for being a level-headed citizen and second for being a good shot.

-1 to the ATF for destroying all those guns. especially that 1911 that the showed up close. that said, I dunno if I'd be comfy owning a gun that was used to murder someone.

Here's another dark side to own a car: more kids are run over in their driveways by relatives each year than are killed by guns. (that used to be the case, IDK how newer technology like BU cameras has effected this)

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Dominion Gun Range in Midlothian, VA!!! That's my range! Those guys are incredible--nice, knowledgeable...you can smoke in doors! They rent out full auto and the first magazine is included! Great bunch of guys. Right in front is Southern Gun World--great prices on police trade-ins.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I'm not going to watch this video right now, so I am reserving my right to comment here.

I will, however, say that I am sick and tired of hearing cops on TV say things like "We got that gun off the streets", or a similar statement. Oh, yeah, right, because everybody that owns a gun is a criminal, and every gun they own is stolen. Of course.

Top Bottom