Unions turning to violence against non-union business, shot owner of company!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Police are investigating, it could be a lone disgruntled employee, a lone union member or it could be the work of a union thug (been known to happen). But the owner of a non-union company has been shot and his car damaged by what very clearly appears to be a pro-union attack on a non-union boss.

Vide & Full Story at Link => Lambertville vandalism turns life-threatening

Folks involved in any sort of trade where there is a dispute between non-union and union workers should be vigilant. Looks like some people don't know when to stop and are willing to resort to violence.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Par for the course regarding hardcore union members.... anyone who's not with them is against them and the mere existence of those "against" them are a threat to their position of power and must be eliminated..

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm a UNION REP, & we have never hurt or damaged anybody property, that guy was just a nut.

There can only be so many occurrences of violence and vandalism before the "that was an isolated incident" and "that guy was just a nut" rebuttals start holding little to no water.....

Obviously the guy was a nut, the problem is I've personally SEEN union mobs surround and vandalize private property with the owner still inside!!

This is not an "isolated union related incident"... this is public display of how the unions used to (and still do apparently) exert their influence.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I was a member of a union. A supervisor threatened me, I attempted to go get the union rep and was told I'd be terminated on the spot for leaving a workspace without permission.

I told him to go get them, he didn't...so I told him off. I got a 3 day suspension without pay, and told off the plant manager. Union reps in my experience just try to keep their jobs, to hell with the people who actual PAID their dues.

Thank God I took that voluntary layoff when they shipped my job to mexico, and I went to Nursing school.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I was a member of a union. A supervisor threatened me, I attempted to go get the union rep and was told I'd be terminated on the spot for leaving a workspace without permission.

I told him to go get them, he didn't...so I told him off. I got a 3 day suspension without pay, and told off the plant manager. Union reps in my experience just try to keep their jobs, to hell with the people who actual PAID their dues.

Thank God I took that voluntary layoff when they shipped my job to mexico, and I went to Nursing school.
    You're UNION REP was a whimp, while I don't cuss to management like my union boss, I have had to tell the company I have my house & truck paid-off I'll **** on your desk & don't give a :poop:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I am going to preface the part I have bolded with a "YET". I am not saying you will be violent. I am just saying that EVERY union I have ever seen has reached a point were some members do become violent.
    been working for the same company for 26 years, but we have never had a manager last more than 4 years, The STATION manager wanted to fire me for defending the union workers(which is my job) And he was fired for HARASSING the UNION REP;) The new STATION manager does work with the union:yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I wanna make sure I understand this correctly. You expected your union rep to undo the suspension you received for insubordination? Is that correct?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm a UNION REP, & we have never hurt or damaged anybody property, that guy was just a nut.

One of the biggest cases of union violence occured in Austin, MN at the Hormel plant during the 1985 strike. I moved there in 1988...and though the strike was over...the violence was STILL going on.

The Gov called in the National Guard to deal with the strikers in 1986.

I have been the member of a union several times...and have seen their thuggish works up close and personal.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think that was her point. Thanks for making the benefits of the union even more clear.
    sometimes it's better for me to talk to the worker, & tell him when he f'ing up he's hurting his UNION brothers & sisters, & if he keeps messing up his union peers will turn their back on him. Then having a manager punish him & hurt the moral of the workers, which in turns will affect the work production, with guys not working at their peak & taking sick out, cause they are upset & don't want to come to work.;)

Top Bottom